Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

Sadly some idiot bashed by old trusty Passat which was fantastic for a 2005 model that needed no work in the 3 years I had it, I have been looking to replace and have seen a 2009 Passat 2.0 TDI Bluemotion, apart from some scratches seems to be working fine and has a full VW service history which is good. The only concern I had was when we got out of the car and turned it off, there was 3 beeps from the dashboard but not error on the dashboard. The trader/dealer said it was something to do with the car check itself over. In honesty I have not heard of that before and never having a 2009 Passat before I am unsure. He did say they had someone look at and they could not find any fault with the car but seemed to happen sometimes on off, I've put down a deposit on and was just googling and cant find much reference apart from some suggestions it may be related to the battery or something. I called the dealer and he's changed the battery in the remote and he said it was intermittent and happened sometimes when switching on and off. I've seen a link here about TDI specific issues and it was said it might actually be the car checking it self over, does any one have any experience on this? Would really appreciate if someone could tell me if it's nothing to worry about or does it sound like a walk away type issue?

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!

0 0 0

2. Re: VW Passat 2009 B6 3 Beeps Dashboard 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Ask them to find out if it's got the 77mm or 100mm oil pump drive .

0 0 0

3. Re: VW Passat 2009 B6 3 Beeps Dashboard 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    Ask them to find out if it's got the 77mm or 100mm oil pump drive .
    Thanks, just asked, out of interest what's the difference I assume that may be a reason and the oil pump drive on one of them is more a problem then the other?

0 0 0

4. Re: VW Passat 2009 B6 3 Beeps Dashboard 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    77mm is guaranteed to fail at some point .

0 0 0