Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigNurse View Post
    I will simply change the battery when it’s gone, but surely I’ll change the car even before, I’m not going to drive it 16 years, sorry
    Did you really think than a person which spent 135.000 euros in a car it’s going to drive it 16 years ??? No, sure not.
    The point in electric cars is not supposed to be about you, it is supposed to be about the future of the planet and if everyone thinks like you do then the whole concept will implode, or explode if it is the battery...

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 2 0

2. Re: Batery fail on e-tron, 13.000 km 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=Crasher;1097037]The point in electric cars is not supposed to be about you, it is supposed to be about the future of the planet and if everyone thinks like you do then the whole concept will implode, or explode if it is the battery...]

What you suppose then we can do ?
    I just buyed a car, I was not inventing it, nor the system itself. I have a car which run smooth, safe and comfortable, that’s all folks. And moreover it, I don’t need to use no drop of diesel in the hole month, as my conmute daily it’s just around 40 km, which I drive on pure electric mode, so for my usage the fuel economy it’s perfect....
    Q7 e-tron, MY2016, graphite grey metallic, complete valcona brown leather, total list of equipment available for this model (too long to detail all)

0 1 0

3. Re: Batery fail on e-tron, 13.000 km 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    and what it’s in your opinion the solution to the “problem” ?
    Q7 e-tron, MY2016, graphite grey metallic, complete valcona brown leather, total list of equipment available for this model (too long to detail all)

0 0 0

4. Re: Batery fail on e-tron, 13.000 km 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Go back to developing the spark ignition infernal [sic] combustion engine and stop hindering refinements to the Fischer-Tropsch process, the development of which is being held back due to stupid eco regulations that prevent it getting grants to research converting fossil fuel Co2 into liquid hydrocarbons due to a lack of funding, it’s a long boring story. As you can tell, electric cars get right up my nose, just like diesel has being doing for 30 years and they are not the answer until someone invents a cheap, clean, lightweight, compact battery that lasts more than a decade, can be charged in the 5 mins it takes to fill a conventional car and dosen’t explode when it gets wet, add to that we need a capable electricity generating system, the one we have in the UK can barely cope now because climate nutters forced the government to close most of the coal fired stations before a replacement was in place, the whole situation is bonkers and will come to a sticky end just like diesel....
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

5. Re: Batery fail on e-tron, 13.000 km 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Just an update today:
    The car still isn’t repaired yet, it’s a month the past 14th of January.
    The poor car it’s parked outside the dealer, in a camp, alone, under rain and cold, they say it’s due security protocol that the car cannot be under a roof inside the dealer !
    The new battery for replacement it’s already arrived to the dealer 3 weeks ago, but since then, they are waiting for a special box to send back the “old” battery back to Audi. Ant this box needs some special allowance papers to transport it, as “danger goods”, and this papers don’t arrived yet, and till they have all clear, the technical guy will not take the plane to come here and repair my car.
    They even sent a full set of all-new screws (yes, it’s not a joke) to change everything, and they even need to return back to Audi the old screws !!
    In the meantime, I have a rental car, paid by Audi Class customer service, and they have confirmed me that they will keep paying it till my car it’s finished, which will not happen before 2 weeks more, I assume.
    What a big **** !

0 0 0

6. Re: Batery fail on e-tron, 13.000 km 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The reason it cannot be inside is that a faulty battery is a huge fire risk, in the UK a Tesla caught fire and was put out by the fire brigade and then a recovery company took it back to their depot, left it on the wagon inside the building and locked up for the night.... Now they are having a new workshop built!

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

7. Re: Batery fail on e-tron, 13.000 km 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Only teething problems....
    Did this forum help you? Help make sure it's here next time! Follow the instructions at the top of the page to make a suitable donation using PayPal .
    1996 A4 B5 (S2) Avant 1.8T (petrol) 150 bhp code AEB automatic with 79,125 kms = 49,450 miles on 30/07/23
    VW T25 Camper, Alfa 33 1.4 ie, 2 Alfa 33's for parts.

0 0 0

8. Re: Batery fail on e-tron, 13.000 km 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigNurse View Post
    Just an update today:
    The car still isn’t repaired yet, it’s a month the past 14th of January.
    The poor car it’s parked outside the dealer, in a camp, alone, under rain and cold, they say it’s due security protocol that the car cannot be under a roof inside the dealer !
    The new battery for replacement it’s already arrived to the dealer 3 weeks ago, but since then, they are waiting for a special box to send back the “old” battery back to Audi. Ant this box needs some special allowance papers to transport it, as “danger goods”, and this papers don’t arrived yet, and till they have all clear, the technical guy will not take the plane to come here and repair my car.
    They even sent a full set of all-new screws (yes, it’s not a joke) to change everything, and they even need to return back to Audi the old screws !!
    In the meantime, I have a rental car, paid by Audi Class customer service, and they have confirmed me that they will keep paying it till my car it’s finished, which will not happen before 2 weeks more, I assume.
    What a big **** !

This is deeply disappointing and I am certain highly frustrating. I would be writing a letter to CEO of Audi in Spain c.c to your Dealer Management voicing you complaint at the poor level of support (on their most expensive product? / other than R8). I might suggest some extended warranty or other compensation.
    Not good enough.

Trust all is resolved soon.

0 1 0

9. Re: Batery fail on e-tron, 13.000 km 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    today update:
    Audi dealer confirmed me that next 6th of February the technician from Audi Technical Center will flight to my town to start repairing my car, as it seems that they have everything they need.
    No finishing date was informed.
    But, on the other side, Audi Class representative calls me to inform that the rental car should be return back tomorrow to Hertz, as they can’t keep paying the car longer, but they ask the dealer to borrow one car to me (a Golf, I guess) till mine it’s finished.
    It seems some kind of light in the tunnel, as less I have now a date to start repairing !!
    I don’t know if my car it’s the second expensier in Audi’s range after the R8, but I’m sure it’s NOT the cheapest neither. End price was 132.000€ (lots of extra equipment), probably an A8 could be around similar price, no idea.
    The replace car offered was a Skoda Octavia, manual gearbox, good car, simple but correct in quality/cost price. However, I can promise you that I miss A LOT my car !!
    Best regards

0 1 0

10. Re: Batery fail on e-tron, 13.000 km 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Lasr update:
    My car gets today, finally, it’s new battery !
    All tests are ok, so I will be driving it back again tomorrow.

0 1 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast