Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi all,

I currently have a 2015 A6 black edition (manual) as a company car but opting out in Feb.

I love the car and opting out to buy a 2014-2015 A6 black edition avant (auto) and wondering what I should look out for and ask when looking at cars?

Thanks - Andy

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 2014-2015 buyers guide 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Don’t go for a car with panoramic sunroof ( mines currently ok, but too many reports of failure for my mind)
    Make sure service history is totally correct
    If you’re not doing lots of miles seriously consider a tfsi
    ask for a readout of dpf ash loading if you go for a diesel
    tech pack is a nice extra
    take your time and find a car you really like, plenty of choice out there if you go diesel

the ,do plenty of miles and you’ll have no problems, mantra with dpf for me has not been quite right, i’ve done 100 mile motorway journeys and had the car do a regeneration after 10 miles of round town driving. Taking it for a dual carriageway blast if its not had a decent run for a week is a nuisance and a waste of time and fuel. Though maybe my cars previous owners use has done dpf no good, or its behaviour is normal and just not what i understood it would be.

i’ve a 2015 ultra, 2.0 s-tronic, fuel economy has been pretty good in 9k i’ve done , 44mpg with around 70% long journeys. Had been hoping for it to be better , don’t trust onboard computer, its around 3mpg “optimistic “ compared to brim to brim calculations.

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 2014-2015 buyers guide 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi as said lots around. I would go, facelift as has better basic spec, tech pack, if not you will regret it, other items as you like. Also FL will not have emission issues that earler cars are now having with software changes causing problems. Never know, Santa is on his way, good hunting...
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 2014-2015 buyers guide 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    172 Post(s)
    Would agree with going for facelift and also, assuming you are staying with the 2.0l that will mean the Ultra engine which is slightly more powerful and also comes with the S-Tronic rather than Multi-tronic gearbox. There were also a small number of pre-facelift cars sold with the Ultra engine but you will need to search them out.

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 2014-2015 buyers guide 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I think cars made in late 2014 were the ultra (s-tronic) and you can tell by the exhaust pipes at either side rather than together on left side. Not sure if there's a lot of other differences in the late 2014 ultra and 2015 FL or not.

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 2014-2015 buyers guide 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi all,

Thanks for the replys, from what I can see the late 2014 are just cosmetic differences as they have the s-tronic box so the only change are the lights and shape of the exhaust tips.

Now just need to find one 🤔

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 2014-2015 buyers guide 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    172 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aisnake008 View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks for the replys, from what I can see the late 2014 are just cosmetic differences as they have the s-tronic box so the only change are the lights and shape of the exhaust tips.

Now just need to find one
    Facelift gave you xenon headlights in the se and led in the sline. Also you got the 4 zone ac and if you go down the tech pack route you get a 4g based system rather than 3G and a better colour display in the instrument cluster. Having had both facelift definitely worth having

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 2014-2015 buyers guide 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Pretty much everyone said above.
    I’ve had 3, 1 pfl and 2 fl.
    I would go for a facelift with tech pack.
    Things to be aware though with the ultra models(pfl and fl) is that they need adblue which is a pain sometimes and some have had issues with sensors and pumps.
    Later facelift(late 2015 onwards) had electric seats and folding mirrors as standard which is worth having.
    Stronic gearboxes need services every 38k and I would personally walk away if it’s not been done.
    The black edition came with 20s and are kerb magnets and tyres can be quite expensive so might be good bargaining if there’s not much tread on it.
    Facelift avants had electric tailgates as standard as well where as it was an option in the pfl.
    Think that’s about it.

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 2014-2015 buyers guide 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    the ,do plenty of miles and you’ll have no problems, mantra with dpf for me has not been quite right, i’ve done 100 mile motorway journeys and had the car do a regeneration after 10 miles of round town driving. Taking it for a dual carriageway blast if its not had a decent run for a week is a nuisance and a waste of time and fuel. Though maybe my cars previous owners use has done dpf no good, or its behaviour is normal and just not what i understood it would be.
    I thought it was just mine! I can drive from Plymouth to Cardiff then get in the car the next day and it starts a regen cycle, I've actually had 3 complete regens in one week FFS, it does my head in.
    As I change the oil every 9k I now don't worry about not shutting off when it's doing a cycle and just use it as I would any other car.

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 2014-2015 buyers guide 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Cheers, had issues with my A6 adblue sensor not recognising it’s full. Has a technician booked in and about an hour before he was due it cleared itself. Apparently it was an air bubble after filling up however it did the same without filling and reset itself eventually.

0 0 0