Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aidanrhamilton View Post
    Did this hold up in the end? Just bought an a4 and couple weeks in I‘be noticed my carpet being damp, seems to be from the same place you’ve got that sealant, cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes hasn't leaked since !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

0 3 0

2. Re: Panoramic sunroof leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I’m having what I think is the exact same issue - both sides. Fuse covers off and that small trim on the A pillar off (fuse covers back for now) and the water ingress is definitely coming down the inside of the pillars :-(

I’m following your fix that worked for you - I was just wondering 2 things:
    1. Was your headlining wet (as mine is and the first couple of coats of Captain Tolleys has made a milky coloured patch there)
    2. How frequent were you applying the coats and how many do you think yours needed? Just as a indication really.

Thanks

0 0 0

3. Re: Panoramic sunroof leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RikNik View Post
    I’m having what I think is the exact same issue - both sides. Fuse covers off and that small trim on the A pillar off (fuse covers back for now) and the water ingress is definitely coming down the inside of the pillars :-(

I’m following your fix that worked for you - I was just wondering 2 things:
    1. Was your headlining wet (as mine is and the first couple of coats of Captain Tolleys has made a milky coloured patch there)
    2. How frequent were you applying the coats and how many do you think yours needed? Just as a indication really.

Thanks
    My headlining never got wet. And I found out that apply less and let it cure and build it up. I was putting about 5ml in and it was running straight through. More pressure I suppose but less worked for me

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Panoramic sunroof leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Great thread, mine is letting water in from the drivers pillar my headliner is not wet though yet i thought it was my windscreen but now after seeing this il give it a try

0 0 0

5. Re: Panoramic sunroof leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just to say thanks for posting this. It has saved me hundreds of pounds in dealership diagnostic and repair fee's.
    For reference my car is a 2016 RS6 as i could not find any relevant other articles on C7 Audi's.

The pipe connecting the sunroof down the A pillar was fine however i noticed the leaks coming from the same spot you mentioned in your post. I used Captain Tolley's in the same place and could see it dripping through underneath the trim which i removed to take a photo for others to see.
    After a few applications the leak has gone.

The photos below show the underside of the same spot in your photo. When i applied Captain Tolley's on the top side of the car i imediately noticed it dripping through these same spots (note that i took these pictures before using Captain Tolley's)
    These pictures are the front passenger side. I pulled a bit of roof trim down after removing the interior roof handles, sunvisor and A pillar trim.

IMG_2121.jpgIMG_2120.jpg

0 2 0

6. Re: Panoramic sunroof leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Great pictures which helped me locate my leak in the same area! Thank you ��

just need a dry day or two so the stuff has a chance to actually set and dry ����*♂️

0 0 0

7. Re: Panoramic sunroof leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Saved again by this amazing forum. After a few weeks of not being able to clean my car, was vacuuming the drivers floor carpet to discover it’s completely soaked. I thought I had read about his issue before and quickly found this post. Thanks so much for sharing. It’s so annoying how car manufacturers do not take responsibility for poor design as this is obviously a common problem and a PITA to fix! We all know Audi main dealers would charge a fortune to sort this out. I’ve ordered a bottle of Captain Tolley’s and an offset screwdriver to help remove the grab handles https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/screwdrivers/7755609 so will set to work when everything arrives. I’m not entirely sure what component of the sunroof has failed and hope that when I strip it down, I’ll be able to see?

How did you get the carpet dry? Did you have to strip the carpet out? Mine is quite wet. Thanks

0 1 0

8. Re: Panoramic sunroof leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hello All.
    My 2014 A6 Allroad started leaking into the driver's footwell a few months back.Tried all the usual suspects - ecu cover,plenum etc etc - wallet £100's lighter but no joy.I am now trying Captain Tolley but wonder if I can shut the sunroof straight after applying the liquid - I am just concerned about gumming the roof shut !
    Just wondering how you guys did it.
    Thanks.
    ps. Audi main dealers......just seem to go from bad to worse these days.Can anyone suggest a good indie in the North West ?

0 0 0

9. Re: Panoramic sunroof leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    @S8Man yes. You can shut the roof if necessary. Captain Tolleys is like water though. It works on capillary action. You need to layer it. You will only need a very small amount each time. Use a blunt needle syringe. It’s much easier to apply.

I dropped the headliner first slightly and put a cloth under where the water seeps through from the sunroof cassette as Captain Tolley will seep through too.

I’ve just finished mine and it’s no longer leaking. I removed the seat to lift the carpet up to get a heater in to dry the foam.

All back together now.

0 1 0

10. Re: Panoramic sunroof leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Many thanks.Keeping fingers crossed.