Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob-the-viking View Post
    Congratulations mate! Glad you've had some success with stopping the leak. I am planning to try and stop mine in the near future. The photos help, thanks for them.

How did you apply the captain tolleys from below?

Also, what else did you break.... Clips from the grab handles by chance? Utterly terrible design.
    Thanks! It took about a 3-4 days of applying 2/3 layers per day. Then I left it about 48 hours before testing it. Despite the lack of rain i have washed the car and have seen no signs if ingress. I know others have reported water coming in after a few months so if this is something i have to do a couple of times a year I’m more than happy to do compared to having to replace the entire roof assembly!!

I bought these
    Shintop 5ml Syringe with 18G 1.5'' Blunt Tip Needles for Experiments, Industrial Use (10 Pack): Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

put about 2-3mm of the Captains Tolley into the syringe and then applied from below; i was quite liberal and applied it where the sealant drew itself in

i damaged the covers more than the clips but yes what a terrible design! The grab handle clip assembly is completely over engineered!!

Good luck! Give me a shout if you need any further help

0 0 0

2. Re: Panoramic sunroof leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Rhyso, thanks for that, I was looking at similar stuff on amazon today as it happens!

I'll get some ordered. I've got a couple of days off coming up, so will go for it then, along with fitting and coding the OEM towbar I bought for a bargain price from eBay a while back! Watch the weather turn for the worse now I've said that!

I've previously repaired it from above and it lasted about 6 months, I'm hoping for a bit more longevity from below as it will get everywhere it needs to, in theory!

Will report back once I've had a go at the repair.

0 1 0

3. Re: Panoramic sunroof leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    No problem

i tried repairing from above but had zero success. What i did was alternate each application between above and below. So day one apply from below; day two apply from above etc

Fingers crossed the weather holds out for you! Good luck!!

0 0 0

4. Re: Panoramic sunroof leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just bought a bitdi only to find water comming in through the headlining and cabin lights. Only seems to do it when it's parked slightly nose down. Found this forum, followed the steps and now it's sorted! Cheers gents 🍻

0 0 0

5. Re: Panoramic sunroof leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi all,

Had my 2015 all road two months and was greeted by a pond feature in drivers footwear.. see picture.. I presume as had pan roof this is culprit any tips for getting a piller off and dropping head lining

http://[img]https://thumbsnap.com/s/...p.com/Hj6io3a4

0 0 0

6. Re: Panoramic sunroof leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhysoTDI View Post
    Thought i would update this......l

been about 2 weeks, several rain showers later and............its NOT LEAKING!!!!!

so I’ve fixed in thing and something else broke........can’t have it all I guess
    Just about to order the Captian trolley and Syringes... When doing it from above which points on sunroof was applied? Im getting desperate as might swell have a convertible with the roof open..

0 0 0

7. Re: Panoramic sunroof leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello all,

Thank you for the valuable information on this issue.

I have a B7 Passat estate, 2011 reg with factory fitted roof rails, and a panoramic sunroof.

Basically 10 months ago, I had my window screen replaced. A month later I discovered water coming in via the sun visor. Both the A-pillers were wet, along with the carpets. Initially I had suspected the window screen hadn't been fitted correctly, however Autoglass came out and checked it and couldn't see a fault.

I read online the probably causes, and cleared the drains, and opened the wheel arches to clear a ton of leaves and debris.

I thought it had been resolved. Sadly the A-Pillers continued to get wet during the rain.

So I decided to seal the sunroof from the outside with a thick weatherproof tape. Carefully sealing all around the boundary of the sun roof. I tested it with a hose, also tested the roof racks (I suspected they may have been the culprit), the rubber seal around the doors, and the front window screen. I also opened the roof liner and saw the drain rubber pipes and put rubber sealent around the connectors to ensure it wasn't them.

Success, no water appeared to be coming in!!

It gave me time to lift the carpets and hoover out the water, the sound damping was soaked and the smell was awful. After a couple of days in the hot sun, all the water had been cleared.

That was until last week, when I noticed both the A-Pillers were wet. I could see water tracks on the inside of the door, and initially suepcted it could have been the seal on the door. However I realised that this was just water from the A-Piller finding a way down onto the doors.

As I had left the tape on the sunroof outside, I wasn't sure where the water could be getting in from? Assuming the seal is intact, I cannot understand what route the water is taking to get to the A-pillers??

Would welcome any feedback.

Could it be from the roof rails after all? I will order a bottle of Captain Tolley's in the meanwhile.

Thank you
    Last edited by Solihull_King; 21-01-2021 at 04:57 PM.

0 0 0

8. Re: Panoramic sunroof leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua-tracey1 View Post
    Send me a email address in private message here and I'll forward you the pdf. Wont let me post it here

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Hello,

Hope you are well, could you please possibly send me the pdf for the yeti too please,

Thank you

0 0 0

9. Re: Panoramic sunroof leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hello,

I hope you are well.

Don’t suppose you possibly have a copy of the PDF for the yeti do you? Having the same issue.

Thanks,

Elle

0 0 0

10. Re: Panoramic sunroof leak? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleGoodwin View Post
    Hello,

I hope you are well.

Don’t suppose you possibly have a copy of the PDF for the yeti do you? Having the same issue.

Thanks,

Elle
    Hi, I've PM'd him for you.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 1 0

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast