Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everybody,
    I have just purchased my first vw. A b5 passat 2002 110k Miles saloon. I have discovered some problems some of which are aoparently common. I have no interior lights and one reg plate light is out and keeps blowing, also the fans are constantly running. The car reaches between 70 degrees trip a max of 95 but very rarely. I thought cts sensor(changed no difference) or thermostat. I haven't done the thermostat yet add I noticed but three fans in the engine bay run full speed ask the time. This could be why I greet the variations in temp and the temp is low. I have been told there's a sensor in the rad I can test with a piece of wire which I will do tomorrow hopefully. I have come to the conclusion that the ccm module must have got wet at some point and this would effect the interior lights, the reg lamps and maybe the poor key remote distance(1 or 2 feet!!) I have a module it's getting to it that's the problem without stripping too much. Are the fans, air con involved with the ccm unit too? Also the light levelling isn't working which I also think is the ccm. I was also told by a friend that after getting the ccm out and fixing or changing, fixing any wires etc that it could be fixed to the passenger kick plate area ago it doesn't sit in water again. Is this possible with the wire installed?
    When I bought the car I only noticed afterwards that the passenger carpet was damp(I thought it was from the valet). We have had really bad rain in the last couple of weeks and or doesn't seem too be damp or got worse. I will remove the scuttle and check the drains, replace the battery and reseal under the cabin filter tray. They is an error about the flap motor for the recirculating air. I've found it's a twenty pounds second hand part but 7 hours labour. Not worth it. Is there anyway I can disable/ fix or break the flaps to stay open and if so which ones.
    I am genuinely pleased with my first vw. I know it's a good engine the 1.9 tdi130 and I intend to service it this week as they go forever if serviced regularly.
    Sorry for all the questions I also need to know that if I disconnect the read sensor will it stop the fans, that way out should get up to temp and I won't need to do the thermostat. I know there is also a fan control module somewhere? Not sure if anything else is involved. I also have ok be really bad niggle. If I drive around 57 to 60 mph I get steering wheel wobble. I had the wheels balanced and still the same. The only other thing I can think of is one or both tyres have bad spots etc, maybe from being parked up, dodgy, wrong pressures etc. The tyres are still legal but with some wear on the edges. I want to get two new tyres and tracking but not if there is another common fault..I have no idea what else would cause this balljoints? Only guessing and my money is on the tyre

Sorry again for the long message etc
    Cheers
    Terry
    2002 vw passat 1.9tdi 130 hp b5.5 3b3(I think) saloon.
    Based on South Wales
    Cf44 Aberdare area

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Ccm module and recirculating flap motor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Yes 3B3 .

Inevitable the pollen filter housing seal , whole thing is cheap new , I bought new and added extra silicone . Couple it with a Mann Hummel FreciousPlus Activated Charcoal pollen filter
    ( Golf Mk 4 version as taller ) for NOx and diesel particulate avoidance .

Common ingress also is the doors inner metal brose panel seals , reseal lower half , test is watering can on window whether strip .

My flap is stuck open , think you can prise or wedge open .

Servicing , 507.00 oil is superior and consider a gearbox oil change .

The engine oil change is done best with an extractor , ease of use plus extra can be sucked out of the oil cooler below the oil filter housing that would normally quickly blacken the fresh oil .

Extractor also handy for power steering fluid flushing .

Another oil blackener but clogger etc is the wonderful egr , to disable simply pull and plug the vac line without fear of eml as denoted by OGE bottom right on your build sticker .

0 0 0

3. Re: Ccm module and recirculating flap motor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    I plan to do the gearbox oil next month, I only bought 1 litre instead of the 2. Odd I need. I've got a pela pump 6l extractor which I normally use. I can use a pit at work to drain as well. The seals I think are ok as there seems to be no new damp. I will take your advice ands get a new seal for the cabin filter as well as the sealant. I will try and disconnect the fan tonight and see what happens. I am assuming the viscous fan has a clutch system and cuts in at a certain temp. I can wire the plug terminals and check if they work at the different speeds. I checked this morning and the viscous fan was on high speed the second I started the engine. It seems therefore that it thinks the engine is got, pointing towards the thermistor. Hopefully this will cure it. I will man or wedge the motor flap like you have. I haven't taken the scuttle plate off utter as I want to do the drain holes, new battery and cabin filter on one hit. Are the motor flaps behind the cabin filter poor are they more central.

My real bug bear at the moment is the lack of interior lights. I'll have to get on with the ccm while the weather is better. That should sort the reg plate lamp and maybe some other niggles like the headlight level adjuster. I don't want any other problems to appear. It seems more grief to access the module than to replace or repair it. I'm hoping there is enough cabling to raise the box above the floor level.

Am I correct in thinking that the radio antenna for the key fob is located or attached to the ccm module? It's driving me mad having to basically lean against the car tho get out to open or close!

I need to check on Delphi to see if the coolant temp wire can be erase now outs been changed.

Keep you posted and thanks
    Terry

Ps I forgot to say that I put a blanking plate across the egr pipe last week.

0 0 0

4. Re: Ccm module and recirculating flap motor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Top or bottom of egr feed pipe ?

You need 2.3 / 2.4L for the gearbox , what oil did you get ?

0 0 0

5. Re: Ccm module and recirculating flap motor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I blanked the end of the flexi pipe that enters the egr valve. Harder to get to but a better position. PITA to get to compared to other cars I've done. It weighs have been easier to duo the manifold end but I dislike that idea especially with the heat. The gearbox oil I bought was the Febi , fully synthetic 75w-80 (gl5). I shall grab another couple of bottles when the next weekly sale is on. I believe it's yellow.

0 0 0

6. Re: Ccm module and recirculating flap motor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    God I hate it when work gets in the way of me doing the car. I've just had a quick feel behind the carpet directly under the cabin filter and it's soaked. It's wet right the way back to the treat seat. I bet the ccm is swimming. Day off tomorrow so weather permitting the seat will have to come out and the carpet as far back as possible. I will have to do the cabin filter seal, drain holes and battery. If it's anything like my old Mercedes the carpets take an age to dry. Have to go into work at the weekend and plug the blower heater on under cover. Two days off eight hours or so should put a dent in the damp.

0 0 0

7. Re: Ccm module and recirculating flap motor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Yes thick old stuff under there , percevere with the usual common issue of an aquarium and you'll have a legend .

0 0 0

8. Re: Ccm module and recirculating flap motor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    What Merc did you have ?

0 0 0

9. Re: Ccm module and recirculating flap motor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've had a few but the ones that always had the leaks were the w202s. There's a pig snout drain under the scuttle. It clocks up in no time.

0 0 0

10. Re: Ccm module and recirculating flap motor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    I haven't had long a S204 , do you know much about them ?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast