Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone, first post......

I ordered a Q7 last year (spec below)...and have confirmed build week of 27th March.....was delayed due to shortage of heated windscreens and the sport alloys

Didn't order the rear seat entertainment as thought it was a little pricey, but have stumbled on this on eBay...

Genuine Audi Rear Seat Entertainment 3 System 10.1 inch Screen Upgrade 50%OFF | eBay

with it being more than 50% off...I couldn't resist, so have ordered these.

Will they plug and play into my s line seats, or do we need more wiring or brackets?

Thanks
    Garage: 2018 TT-RS Aventurine Orange, 2017 Q7 3.0TDI 272 S Line, Sepang Blue, 2011 Q5 2.0 TDI S Line Velvet Purple

0 0 0

2. Re: Rear Seat Entertainment 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    These need different seats installed at factory. The seats have a little flap opening at the back which has all the wiring installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Rear Seat Entertainment 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you....looks like they'll be going back on eBay.

0 0 0

4. Re: Rear Seat Entertainment 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Not sure if it's too late but some countries (not sure on U.K.) offered a seat pre wiring option for about £150. Possibly too late with your build week so close to add. Might also be worth looking at whether it's possible to have this fitted at the dealers.

I've got those screens and despite the reviews not being great I've found them to be good for what we needed. I installed Showbox and the kids can watch whatever they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: Rear Seat Entertainment 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've made some enquiries at dealer, and car would not come with RSE prep....however.... the dealer has a chap who has installed RSE in a Q7 before. I will find out if it is like a factory fit...and keep you posted.
    Garage: 2018 TT-RS Aventurine Orange, 2017 Q7 3.0TDI 272 S Line, Sepang Blue, 2011 Q5 2.0 TDI S Line Velvet Purple

0 0 0

6. Re: Rear Seat Entertainment 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have looked at the manual and there are modules by each seat that need to be installed, not just the mounts for the tablets. I am not sure if the wiring harness is pre-installed but If i was to take a guess based on other systems, i would say no. Not an impossible job as Andy on these forums has demonstrated, but its not a quick job.

0 0 0

7. Re: Rear Seat Entertainment 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    I've looked into RSE retrofit on the new Q7 4M and its by far from a simple job. The RSE prep is all inside the actual seat and while I spent a short time looking into it I gave up after figuring its probably easier to find a set of front Q7 4M seats second hand on ebay germany with it already fitted. In addition a new wiring connector and harness needs to go into that connector block you'll find under the front seats hidden by a black plastic cover. From there it needs to get wired into the MMI etc.

Its one of the few retrofits, that, in my personal only opinion is too much hassle. Your better off running Plex or something on a raspberry pi box in the boot connected to the car Wifi and use 2 Ipads as tablets for the rear passengers and stream off that, or any of the other alternative workarounds the guys on this forum have come up with.

Just my own 2p of course.

Andy

p.s.

Quote Originally Posted by noxqzs View Post
    I am not sure if the wiring harness is pre-installed but If i was to take a guess based on other systems, i would say no
    You are correct sir. Its not.
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

8. Re: Rear Seat Entertainment 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Ebay dot Co dot UK item number 152466042659

Set of seats with RSE prep.
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

9. Re: Rear Seat Entertainment 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Andy.

I have spoken to my local dealer who says they have a guy who has done a retrofit on a Q7 before, just like factory ordered for £1000....so have decided to have them do that when the car arrives.

Will let you know how it looks.....car due to be built next week.....getting close now.....

0 0 0

10. Re: Rear Seat Entertainment 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Great stuff. Very keen to hear how it goes!

Best of luck!!

Andy

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast