1. Re: ABS Control Unit recall - problem 1 year on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for your response! fortunatelly, as SEAT told, my car was in recall list and affected by the ABS problem... they called me last week and change the module, hopefully the problem wont appear again. Have paid nothing, SEAT take care of the repairs and service. Almost cant believe SEAT take care of its cars in Argentina (even they dont have an official dealer here)

0 0 0

2. Re: ABS Control Unit recall - problem 1 year on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by golf_bluemotion View Post
    Hi Jon44w, how do you find which part number is the updated revision?

It would be good if the guys who had their modules replaced to post some part number so we have an idea of when this was fixed.

1K0907379AN is the updated one and used on the Mk6 as well which is handy as the prices of the unit should could down as more of the Mk6s are crashed and broke at scrapyards.

1K0907379AD is the part number that was removed and had failed despite having had the (scam) recall (4fs2 code i think? sticker in the boot/service book) done on it.

0 0 0

3. Re: ABS Control Unit recall - problem 1 year on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi All,

Just made an account on this website to join the discussion as the same has happened to me, nearly 2 years ago my VW Golf ABS recall was done (at the time they said I was lucky and it only needed the software update so I could get the car back the same day, as the replacement could take days - oh how naive I was).

As you have guessed the ABS warning light is on now nearly to years later, and two local garages said it needs to be replaced and programmed and so to take it to VW. I did not get the error codes from them, but they said it was something to do with the Pump.

Car going to VW next week, hope the do the right thing and pay for it without a fight, but from what I am reading online suggests otherwise - can't believe VW are treating there customers like this

PS thanks for all the information everyone has posted on here I am much more ready now for when I talk to VW customer care next week

0 0 0

4. Re: ABS Control Unit recall - problem 1 year on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    More like they were lucky you hadnt already had the failure and could fob you off with the software update for the recall and then claim they fixed the issue, knowing full well your pump would fail soon. Sticker in the boot, see you later!

VW wont want to do it for free, they will charge you for everything including an extortionate amount to plug a lead into your car for a diagnostic scan. If you feel your backs against the wall go to the CAB and tell them the story and you want help going to the small claims court. From what Ive read VW dont fight little court cases, although I have no experience with this. My issue is I dont have the time to mess about with VWs unwillingness to help with cars over a certain age. Thankfully I can code it and fit it so the only issue is buying the pump. I know this doesnt help you so good luck and let us know what they say.

0 0 0

5. Re: ABS Control Unit recall - problem 1 year on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi Jon44w,

Thanks for you message, so far VW have refused to pay anything, cost is ~£1.5k!!, and I was made to diagnose the car at their garage for £114 +£15 pick up and drop off, you where completely right on that.

I went to citizens advice bureau (CAB), and they said to speak to the motor ombudsmen, and I have filled in a claim with them - they say it can take up to 90 days... I don't understand Julies comment (19-04-2019), quoted below, that once she got the response from CAB which appeared in her favor..., CAB only give advice, they don't arbitrate right? Did she mean the motor ombudsmen?

So just to confirm the possible steps to getting vw to pay for it:
    1) Ask VW, which will say no (while charging you for diagnostics, and making you wait a couple weeks just to say no)
    2) Then refer it to the motor ombudsmen
    3) Then take them to small claims court

One last question I have not got the ABS fixed yet, but I will need my MOT by the end of the month, I guess I just have to pay for it and hopefully get refunded, as this whole process is very long ;(

Quote Originally Posted by JaiDL View Post
    Hi Dave

Initially, as the dealership were not willing to offer any Goodwill, I was told by VW C S they could not help. I therefore got in touch with CAB, to see if my thoughts were correct, that as it was a recall it had to be put right.

Once I had a response from CAB, which appeared in my favour. I got in touch again with VW CS and persuaded the matter.

Cutting a long story short! Ultimately, the unit was replaced FOC.

Good luck

Julia

0 0 0

6. Re: ABS Control Unit recall - problem 1 year on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    £114 to plug a computer in! VW are a disgrace but this may be a good thing to have for the small claims court as its their own software thats admitting to the problem.

Your right with the CAB, they only offer advice. Julia maybe used the advice against VW which persuaded them to move.

Im assuming you have a mk5 rather than a mk6 as in your username? Its just I havent heard of a failure in a Mk6 using the AN instead of the Mk5 AD.

Its a difficult situation with regards to the mot but there are options open to you.

0 0 0

7. Re: ABS Control Unit recall - problem 1 year on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi Jon44w,

What about the pump part number? I've found that most 1K0907379AD moduels came with the pump 1k0614517BD whilst the updated ecu revision you mentioned comes with the pump 1k0614517BD and 1k0614517BJ.

Bj pump seems to be alot easier to find.

0 0 0

8. Re: ABS Control Unit recall - problem 1 year on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_GOLF_MK6 View Post
    Hi Jon44w,

Thanks for you message, so far VW have refused to pay anything, cost is ~£1.5k!!, and I was made to diagnose the car at their garage for £114 +£15 pick up and drop off, you where completely right on that.

I went to citizens advice bureau (CAB), and they said to speak to the motor ombudsmen, and I have filled in a claim with them - they say it can take up to 90 days... I don't understand Julies comment (19-04-2019), quoted below, that once she got the response from CAB which appeared in her favor..., CAB only give advice, they don't arbitrate right? Did she mean the motor ombudsmen?

So just to confirm the possible steps to getting vw to pay for it:
    1) Ask VW, which will say no (while charging you for diagnostics, and making you wait a couple weeks just to say no)
    2) Then refer it to the motor ombudsmen
    3) Then take them to small claims court

One last question I have not got the ABS fixed yet, but I will need my MOT by the end of the month, I guess I just have to pay for it and hopefully get refunded, as this whole process is very long ;(

I wouldn't advise going through VW, either find a used part at the breakers which is actually quite hard to find at the moment or send your module to bba-reman who charge £180 or ecu testing who charge £240 + VAT.

With the MOT, if you take the car to an independent, they can remove the fault for you, it doesn't show up unless you trigger the traction or ABS. I'm not sure how legal this is, but if the car is not reporting a fault, Its not like you are masking it.

Also, local independents will run a VCDS scan for you for ~£20, i wouldn't go near a dealer with a car past its warranty.

0 0 0

9. Re: ABS Control Unit recall - problem 1 year on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon44w View Post
    £114 to plug a computer in! VW are a disgrace but this may be a good thing to have for the small claims court as its their own software thats admitting to the problem.

Your right with the CAB, they only offer advice. Julia maybe used the advice against VW which persuaded them to move.

Im assuming you have a mk5 rather than a mk6 as in your username? Its just I havent heard of a failure in a Mk6 using the AN instead of the Mk5 AD.

Its a difficult situation with regards to the mot but there are options open to you.

Apparently, according ecu testing have said the newer revisions have the same design flaw! So are too doomed to fail. The only difference is in the software it will pick up a deterioating ground connection hence why there is no need for a recall on the new revisions.

How these manufacturers get away with this is beyond me and how this stuff passes a safety recall is near criminal.

0 0 0

10. Re: ABS Control Unit recall - problem 1 year on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I finally fixed my abs problem.

I turns out all the mk60ec1 pumps are compatible, I opted for one ending in BE in order to get hill assist also.

I simply had to copy the old code and add two extra 0s, presumably the coding on later pumps was a byte longer.

Chaps, don't pay an extortionate amount for a 'compatible' pump, just pick up any upgraded revision. I would just watch AWD vs FWD pumps.

In total, the repairs cost me 120£.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast