Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Condensation issues. Could it be linked to air con?

1. Condensation issues. Could it be linked to air con? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Hi all

Now that the weather has turned colder and wetter the amount of condensation has gone up drastically. Much more than previous winters.

However the difference this year is that the air con stopped working. It was fine at the start of the summer but half way into summer during the heat wave it stopped blowing cold air. Instead it is just like standard air from the heater. I didn't get around to regassing it assuming that is the problem. Could that be the cause of the condensation even though I don't use the air con in the winter?

Also when I turn on the ignition (without starting the engine) I can hear what sounds like 2 fans running in the engine bay. Not sure If that used to happen before the air con broke down.

Any ideas? Should I regas first, if so what type of gas is it in our cars?

0 0 0

2. Re: Condensation issues. Could it be linked to air con? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PajeroGolf View Post
    Hi all

Now that the weather has turned colder and wetter the amount of condensation has gone up drastically. Much more than previous winters.

However the difference this year is that the air con stopped working. It was fine at the start of the summer but half way into summer during the heat wave it stopped blowing cold air. Instead it is just like standard air from the heater. I didn't get around to regassing it assuming that is the problem. Could that be the cause of the condensation even though I don't use the air con in the winter?

Also when I turn on the ignition (without starting the engine) I can hear what sounds like 2 fans running in the engine bay. Not sure If that used to happen before the air con broke down.

Any ideas? Should I regas first, if so what type of gas is it in our cars?
    Condensation is due to too much moisture in your car because your Air Conditioning is not working. Air Conditioning dries out the air and hence removes the moisture.
    I suggest you google for garages in your area and get one of them close to you to do it. Do it as soon as possible because too much moisture in your car over time can cause problems.
    2017 Audi Q5 Quattro S line Navarro Blue 2.0 litre TFSI, HBA, Powered Mirrors, QVIA AR790 (2 Channel Dash Cameras), Front & Rear parking cameras with smart interface.

0 0 0

3. Re: Condensation issues. Could it be linked to air con? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    A friend has got the gauge and tube for his Audi a4 2005. If I can figure out which had to purchase I maybe able get it done cheaply. Most garages charging around £55 for a top up.

0 0 0

4. Re: Condensation issues. Could it be linked to air con? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Hi All

Just a quick update.
    I had the air con cleaned and regassed at Halords. They also check for leaks and confirmed that there were none.
    This has rectified the condensation problems.
    Thanx for all the help.

0 0 0