Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Hello,

After a brief trip to the dark side (a certain Bavarian motor company), I've decided that my heart lies with VAG, so yesterday I picked up a 2005 1.8T B7 Cabriolet. I think/hope I got a bit of a bargain at £1200. It's not perfect, with a few little gremlins, but it's one of the highest spec A4's I've ever seen, including all kinds of gizmos and gadgets (for another thread) that I've not come across before so I think it'll be worth it long term. Driving it back home last night was genuinely pleasurable and even returned a surprising 38MPG

There are, however, one or two little gremlins that I just need to sort when I get chance, starting with the window switches. So they're a bit of a mess at the moment....

On the drivers side panel of switches, this is what works:
    Drivers Side Front - Down/Up
    Drivers Side Rear - Down
    Passenger Side Front - Dead
    Passenger Side Rear - Dead

The Passenger side switch also does not work. Luckily, I know it's not the regular, because the roof operates and when operating the roof switch all of the windows come down as expected, so it's either wiring or a switch issue.

Here are my questions Are there any known weak spots in the wiring? I know for a fact this car has already had some kind of radio 'antenna mod' because apparently the roof causes issues with the radio wiring.... well, same question, for window switches are there any places the wires can be damaged? I've heard about in the door boot, I will try and look as soon as I get chance.

The Passenger switch, I assume, will be connected directly to the regulator, so if that's dead, it needs replacing. I'm hoping that it's not a case of someone leaving the roof down and water pouring in, because unfortunately, a new master switch panel for these Cabrio's is £99 Unlike the normal Audi, they're about £5 gahh.

Anyway, any help would be great. I'll get some photos up soon

0 0 0

2. Re: 2005 1.8T B7 Cabriolet - Window Switch Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    The loom between the driver door and the A pillar is known to be a week point, also the antenna loom is known to break by the boot hinge.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

0 1 0

3. Re: 2005 1.8T B7 Cabriolet - Window Switch Problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    The loom between the driver door and the A pillar is known to be a week point, also the antenna loom is known to break by the boot hinge.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I'm going to have a look at that first. I might check all the fuses as well, there are definitely a few electrical gremlins that need fixing but I think I've got a good motor overall at the right price. I don't mind electrical issues, I kind of enjoying twiddling with cars anyway.... Plus can't hurt, can it?

I need to start a new thread really, I've got loads of stuff to sort

0 0 0