Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All

I have an Audi A7 3.0 TDI SE with the CDUC engine remapped to 315bhp. 7 spd S-Tronic.

I've had an issue today where my car has started driving erratically after an overtake.
    When I drove slower the rev counter was going up and down without much forward motion for the gear which was selected. After I pulled up for a while and tried to pull away I noticed that 1st & 3rd gears were not being selected and that the revs were not matching the speed almost as if the clutch was slipping. It then gave me gearbox malfunction error on the dash. I ran a diagnostic with my OBD eleven tool and came back with:
    Green faults:
    P170100 transmission control unit locked - intermittent
    P17E100 gear selector 2 mechanical malfunction - intermittent
    P17E200 gear selector 3 mechanical malfunction - intermittent
    P17D800 torque limitation due to clutch temperature - intermittent
    Red Faults:
    P17CF00 Clutch 1 slip too great - Static

The car now only drives in 2nd gear but very erratically, like it cant get traction through the gearbox. I heard no major noises and the gearbox is still quiet apart from the revving...

I've been trawling the net for a possible answer and I believe it is the Clutch pack as the error above does state clutch slip. I would have thought if it was the mechatronic that had failed it would have came up with the OBD scanner as that.
    The gearbox was fully serviced by the dealer in January at 54000miles and is now at 70000miles so should be fine in that respect.

I imagine that its just the clutches due to the extra stress of the remap and it being 7yrs/70k old...

Luckily I have the use of a lift and a whole host of tooling and also a mechanic friend so I should be able to replace the clutch packs myself at a reasonable cost...

I just wanted to see if anyone thought it might be something a bit more major I.E gearbox fudged completely.

Any advice you guys could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A7 Gearbox Malfunction - Clutch Slip + lost Uneven gears 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    By what you saying , you have s-tronic gearbox . Most likely if you change clutches you need to change mechatronics too, i am afraid. There was post on here someone doing it in dealers with all costs. Remap doesn't help either, u getting so much torque than gearbox can handle.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

0 0 0