Good evening , I’m looking for some info if anyone is in the know of any issues or experienced this my vehicle is a 2012 Passat 1.6tdi bluemotion with now 94k issue started around 89k ,
I’m currently at the point of being scunnered with this issue
Initially car flashed a low oil pressure warning light on dash , pulled over checked everything like oil level and all was ok , left car and then drove following day , no issues week or so later found the car to be a bit shuddery pulling away , as if it was lagging slightly but a juddery sound as if about to stall!
Few days later I wasn’t driving but it was going down a dual carriageway 50/60mph and DPF light comes on , car dies and will not accelerate , smells horrendous and idling like a bag of spanner’s sounds very rough
Had it recovered by AA who stuck a fault reader on it and flung up a P code possibly p0090 had a fiend come and look at it , pressure reading from DPF was astronomical , engine was running dpf clean in progress and eventually it springs to life and revs again , then engine stops , wouldn’t start but started off a bump start , car goes away , sump comes off and big end bearings are all over the place , engine out head off and bottom end sent off to a really well spoke of engine room in Glasgow, score on the crank so advised it needed reground , the nod was given and crank reground , bottom end rebuilt with new oil pump , timing etc all done too. Head on engine back in and car is running good as new , couple of days later oil burning smell on start up and intermittently when running. Back to garage where they say oil pressure sensor appears to be leaking , home week later still no different in , oil and filter change and new genuine vw sensor fitted , still getting this oily smell , appears to be on back of block but not a lot , oil levels are totally fine , no smoke from exhaust etc , however the oil pressure low warning sign has flickered on a couple of times , literally for a flash on/off in millisecond , again car feels shuddery pulling away although no real noticeable loss of power , also starts no problem , tonight I took oil filler cap off and saw what looked like specs of silver with a gritty texture but it kind of disintegrated when rubbed between fingers , also I am unsure if this is normal but there’s like a hissing sound when running from drivers side of engine around the area where 3 hoses are which 2 go back the way one goes into area under engine cover (cylinder type component I’m assuming is fuel filter housing) from what I gather on google pics , sorry it’s a bit long winded but garage seems to be bouncing back with nothing and I’ve already forked out close to £3k and it’s a work vehicle so is costing me ££ when off the road