1. Glow plug light flashing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all first time writing on these forums so not sure if I'm writing in the right place,

I have a 2009 Skoda superb 2.0 TDI 170bhp 6 speed dsg auto and lately if I'm driving around town the car drives fine but as soon as I get on the motorway and drive faster than 60mph for 15mins the glow plug light starts to flash on dashboard and car goes slightly sluggish but once I turn engine off and on the car drives normal again and glow plug light turns off but comes back on if I do what I was doing again

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Jonathan-Luis

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Glow plug light flashing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    You need to read codes with VCDS.
    If coil flashed codes will be saved.
    Could be EGR valve.
    Current cars:
    2007 Passat b6 2.0 tdi BMR DSG
    2013 Golf MK7 1.6 tdi 5 speed

1 1 0

3. Re: Glow plug light flashing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here is why it might be happening. The electric pump inside the tank might not working. I don't know about that exact model but the system is similar with most newer cars of the VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda etc... So, it could be that the electric pump doesn't fill the inner tank housing as it should (it has about 1,5ltr of fuel inside itself). That inner housing is where the high pressure pump is sucking fuel from. It has to be full of fuel always. Think of it as a little fuel tank fitted within a huge fuel tank. That little tank has a fuel level sender (FLS, designation G210) placed inside - when fuel level is lower than it should be it changes the resistance and thus it sends the signal to ECU which turns glow plug warning light on/off. So you get a flashing glow plug light. Check the fuse for the electric pump. Also it may be that the wires that go to the FLS are just loose but that's quite a rare cause... By the way, it also may be something wrong with the seals in the housing, some leak, so when you rev more, the engine sucks more fuel and the inner housing empties faster than it is filled with fuel and so when fuel level drops the FLS activates flashing light.

Tell me what you have found there.
    Last edited by Shumadin; 06-09-2019 at 07:12 AM.

0 0 0