Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Hello guys,

Could anyone advise the part number for the passenger side front door locking module please?, pattern parts are hit and miss on eBay's compatibility system.

The door lock is steadily getting worse now so that it will only close and lock with a sharp tug of the inner door handle and holding for a second or two, totally p****** me and my Mrs off, she's freaking out at it, my new Bosch S5 keeps going flat as well but the inner lights are not illuminated - I make sure, I've no idea what's going on but suspect it's that switch.

I've looked on this parts catalogue but can't find the door lock modules listed -

--><!--

A6 C5 2.5TDI Quattro SE Avant - Chassis no: WAUZZZ 4B o 4N024544

Thanks.
    2003 A6 C5 2.5 TDI Quattro Avant (180bhp)

0 0 0

2. Re: Passenger front door problems! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I don't have the part number, sorry.

Having read your previous post about the top of the door (window frame) meeting the rubber seals early compared with the rest of the door I suspect that is the problem. Is the top half of the window frame something that would have been removed and refitted when replacing the window regulator mechanism? if so, when refitting, is there scope for adjustment which could have been done incorrectly? If so, that may be the solution, i.e. re-adjust the relationship between the window frame and the rest of the door.

0 1 0

3. Re: Passenger front door problems! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Yes the window frames were removed by an incompetent back street mechanic who didn't mark the position of the adjuster bolts before removal when he changed the window reg motor, the lock issue started directly after, he told the previous owner (my family member) that he had spent too much time and effort trying to adjust it all already and then washed his hands of his own mess.

I could probably re-adjust the whole thing when the weather gets better but as the job is quite labour intensive I want to change the lock actuator as a matter of course, not worth saving £20 with the amount of time it takes.

0 0 0

4. Re: Passenger front door problems! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Steve, if you pm me your email address, I will send uou the ETKA parts page for the door. Just check the PR nos match your on your log book. (I am away from my pc at present and the two jpgs are too big to upload to the forum).
    Re upper half ie window of the door. As you know I replaced both front doors on my allroad - lower half - and had to marry up with top window halves. Ofcourse I made a note of where the two aluminium spacers were on each old door and replicated on the new ones. From memory it was no big deal. I would have thought this only affected the door alignment to the side of the car. So if yours "looks" to be in line, I would say this is not your problem. Also the actuator (at the inside of the door handle is a a fairly strong MECHANICAL part - would not think this needs replacing - more likely to be at the door lock. My tuppence for what its worth!
    John

1 1 0

5. Re: Passenger front door problems! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Thanks John, PM'd you!

0 0 0

6. Re: Passenger front door problems! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Same with mine ... I just teach passengers to close it GENTLY!!!! and then no issues!

WHY ONLY passenger side though?????

0 0 0

7. Re: Passenger front door problems! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Email should be with you now.
    John

0 0 0

8. Re: Passenger front door problems! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Thank you John, I fixed the door lock today with the help of your diagrams, it now locks and works perfectly! £20 and 20 mins work, It's easy to get the lock out and in without stripping the whole door frame down that many tutorials suggest!

If there's anything I can ever do to help you, give me a shout!

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12