Can anyone offer some advice please?

My passenger front door has always been a bit temperamental, if it's slammed or even closed firmly it won't shut properly and has drained the battery a few times with the courtesy lights staying on for long periods.

It started after a local joey was recruited to change the window winder reg as it had failed on the previous owner, the last owner complained about it and the mechanic said that the door was out of alignment or some other BS and refused to rectify the new problem.

The door needs to be lifted slightly as it's closed now and if I squirt a little WD40 into the lock it improves it but in the cold weather it just will not shut properly whatsoever, it's so infuriating and takes a long time.

I now have to grab the door handle and give it a sharp tug from inside to latch it, obviously this is upsetting the door handle and door card trim, I reckon the handle will come off one day.

It's a real pain as passengers always slam the door - even when you ask them not to, I have to grab it and close it myself from the drivers seat.

The lock does work, something is out of alignment.

I've read the door lock might need de-greasing and cleaning up, any pointers please?

Thanks guys.