Notices

User Tag List

Thread: 2007 VW Passat 2.0 TDI 140 Injector Recall...

1. 2007 VW Passat 2.0 TDI 140 Injector Recall... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    In a recent thread I mentioned my Passat having had the injector recall done, but after checking the service book again the recall it actually had done was in 2008 and it was reference "20 M5" which appears to be for the fuel pump, not injectors.

It did go back into Hawco Aberdeen in 2011 to have the timing belt replaced, but no mention of the injectors, which I do believe was a recall on the 2.0 140 engine.

What should I do? If I call my local VW dealer will they willingly carry out an inspection/replacement or would I be flogging a dead horse? Obviously as the recall doesn't appear to have been done I am slightly concerned that one of the injectors could just up and quit any time it likes, especially since at 11 years old and nearly 130k miles it is well overdue for a failure.

As much as the car is a dream to drive and I do like it, I am not prepared to sink another pile of money into it and would much sooner spend £500 getting my Peugeot 405 back on the road and run with that for the foreseeable.

0 0 0

2. Re: 2007 VW Passat 2.0 TDI 140 Injector Recall... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    + the possibility of the 77mm oil pump drive time bomb .

0 0 0

3. Re: 2007 VW Passat 2.0 TDI 140 Injector Recall... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Have a look on the boot floor and see if there's a sticker, I think from memory it was 23k1 (bit late to go outside and check in mine). If not, ask your dealer to check that against your car, assuming it's got a BKP engine that is, and that you can trust your dealer to act on your behalf.
    2006 (Dec.) B6 2.0TDi 140 Confort | Moka anthracite nacré | CControl | Highline MFD | Chrome Grill | Meta Targa rear parking sensors | Debadged
    1996 Laguna 2.2D
    1977 MGB roadster

0 0 0

4. Re: 2007 VW Passat 2.0 TDI 140 Injector Recall... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quatrelle View Post
    Have a look on the boot floor and see if there's a sticker, I think from memory it was 23k1 (bit late to go outside and check in mine). If not, ask your dealer to check that against your car, assuming it's got a BKP engine that is, and that you can trust your dealer to act on your behalf.
    Thank you, I'll look there and if not I'll call the local dealer. Even though the car is running great (especially after its oil change it is so smooth now) I am worrying about the ticking timebomb if it hasn't been rectified.

0 0 0