Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Not Anumber
    Did you take any pictures of your fix? I've tried to do what you suggested (2015 A6 2.0 tdi ultra avant s-line) and I can't find the little box with the pipes going in and out. Any tips much appreciated. Many thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Heater working one side only 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi, no i didnt take any pictures sadly. Open the bonnet, remove the plastic cover that runs the width of the windscreen. Under this you will see a shaped strengthening metal section in the centre. this needs to be removed. from memory I think this is held on with 3 or 4 bolts, i cant remember offhand if I used a normal socket or a hex key for these. (You will have to forgive me for not checking as its dark, raining and cold). With this lifted out of the way you should be able to see the hoses and the unit. It unbolts and can be lifted a bit for access.

0 0 0

3. Re: Heater working one side only 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Ive just flushed it through again as I managed to get some time off this morning and this time i took photos BUT i couldn't get the upload image feature to work to post the photos on here despite several attempts.

So anyone wanting the photos please IM me with your email address and I will forward them.

The job needs a 10mm socket or spanner and 2 sizes of torx bits; a 25 and a 50. The parts that need to be removed to get access will be evident from the photos. The whole job took me just over an hour start to finish with no special tools.

Again it seems to have improved the heater a bit immediately. The benefit of having flushed it previously seemed to be lost when the water pump began to leak and did not improve after it had been replaced. The heater was doing virtually nothing again, 10 miles in traffic before the heater showed the slightest sign of warm air. I strongly suspected that flushing it again would be of benefit and again it has proved to be.

Already, just with the car idling for 15 mins the heater is now providing some warm air. I'l report back after I have driven a few miles and been able to assess it better.
    Last edited by Not_Anumber; 12-12-2020 at 06:18 PM.

0 1 0

4. Re: Heater working one side only 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry for delay getting back to your PM. The forum has disabled access to message system (I assume as I'm a new member), so have emailed details instead.

0 0 0

5. Re: Heater working one side only 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Just to clarify, the part i removed the hose from on my A7 turns out to be the Auxiliary heater pump part no 059 121 012A .

My heater is much better than it was but if it's performance degrades again I will probably replace this auxiliary pump as it's easy to get to and not very expensive.

Its worth noting some other model Audis have the same cage/ bracket that ive described in this location in the plennum area but have a solenoid valve bolted to the top of the bracket it rather than the auxiliary pump sitting inside it. The process of removing a hose to flush the matrix through/ dispel trapped air is the same for either though.

0 0 0

6. Re: Heater working one side only 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to revive an old thread....but there seem to be a number of threads on various audi forums about a distinct lack of heat coming from the drivers side and that the passenger side is blowing perfectly warm air in line with the temp selected on the dials.

I have this issue and it has been driving me nuts for ages....and I've been going round in circles trying to find an answer on the various Audi A6 C7 (2012 - 2018) forums....but coming up with nothing definitive for the issue that I'm having.

The windscreen also seems to fog up a lot more on the right hand side of the screen and I have to use the screen demister...but even this clears the left (passenger side) far more quickly. Also in aircon auto mode when the temp is turned down low the fan runs up to full speed....however turn the temp dials up to full and the fan speed decreases considerably and even trying to manually override it doesn't have any significant change to fan speed. There are no faults on the VCDS for this system.

I have flushed through the bulkhead pipes with water and compressed air....a lot of rusty coloured gunky water did come out and so I repeated this a number of times until it all ran clear. I then refilled the system and bled it fully with a pressure bleeding kit and by opening the relevant bleed points on the cooling/heating system hoses and engine block. This hasn't made any difference. The car in question is a 2012 audi A6 3.0tdi avant with dual zone climate control.

Therefore I have ordered a new heater matrix as I have seen a number of people state that this has rectified their issue......although nobody has actually gone into detail of the replacement process on an A6 C7 platform....loads for earlier models.

Just wondered if anyone on here had actually gone through the process of replacing the heater matrix and whether they have any advice.

Many thanks in advance.

0 1 0

7. Re: Heater working one side only 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Id be very interested in how the replacement goes. What did you have to pay for a replacement matrix ?

0 0 0

8. Re: Heater working one side only 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going to attempt it next week when I've got a few days. The replacement cost £130 and it will be interesting to see how it performs once fitted.

I've already replaced the water pump last year when I changed the serpentine belt along with some other work that I carried out. I always meant to get round to sorting out the heating.....but summer arrives and you forget about it.....until winter starts to bite again.

Seems to be a common issue on our cars. Think there is even a TSB about it.

0 0 0

9. Re: Heater working one side only 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    £ 130 isnt too bad. I hd feared it would be more than that. Can you say where you ordered it from please ?

0 0 0

10. Re: Heater working one side only 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast