Notices

User Tag List

Thread: 2010 onwards Alhambra puddle and door lights?

1. 2010 onwards Alhambra puddle and door lights? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I just noticed the puddle light on the underside of the drivers wing mirror is no longer alight.
    The passenger one is still ok.
    I need to find out how to replace the bulb. Am I right you have to dismantle the mirror housing?
    i thinks it's just a standard 12v 5W wedge bulb. Has anyone tried the Led wedge bulb replacements?

Also can anyone confirm if there are lights on any of the doors?
    On checking there's none alight on my car either side.
    But I can't remember if there ever was!
    There is a red lens on driver and passenger door but I'm not sure it that's just a reflector or if it's an actual light.

0 0 0

2. Re: 2010 onwards Alhambra puddle and door lights? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Been out to the car today to investigate.
    It's a simple enough job to dismantle the mirror housing. The puddle light is fitted into the bottom half and is a standard 501 w5w type bulb. Just need to get some new bulbs.

There is no light in the front door panels. I popped off the red lens at the base of the door panel, and that is all it is, just a reflector lens, no bulb housing behind it.

0 0 0

3. Re: 2010 onwards Alhambra puddle and door lights? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Finally got some time today to strip down the wing mirror to access the puddle light bulb.
    Changed the bulb for a new one but the puddle light still does not light.
    Also stripped down the working passenger side to confirm the bulbs worked when fitted on that side, which they did.

The drivers side mirror must have power as the indicator built into the mirror works fine. The internal cables in the mirror which power the puddle light feeds from the indicator connection.

I read on on another thread about a VW group car, it can be down to a micro switch in the door lock which detects if the door is open or unlocked. This then makes the interior lights and puddle light work when a door is opened. When this microswitch fails the door is not being detected as open. It can also make the open door symbol not show on the DIS and the lights on buzzer not work.

But in my case the interior lights come on and the lights on buzzer works fine. It's just the drivers side wing mirror puddle light does not work at all.

Any one have have any ideas what it may be?

0 0 0