Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Hi All

just bought my my first golf !

Ive had a good few Audi’s so I’ve been using the forum a while but this is my first post in here .
    my car is a basic 1.6 tdi s manual. It has a 310 rds head unit and a aux in the centre console box

can I retro fit cruise control ? I did manage it in my 2006 A4 cab and it was straight forward so hoping I can do the same again.

Can I add Bluetooth or a usb to connect iPhone for music to the head unit or is it easier to fit a more capable vw head unit?
    if so what unit?

cheers for any help

vin

0 0 0

2. Re: retro fitting cruise bluetooth or usb to a 1.6 tdi 2010 golf 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would be looking to do the same. Just bought a Mk6 GTI and have the RDC 310.
    There is a bluetooth module I think for the 310.

Other options are RNS 310 and RDC/S 510 I think.

Think the RNS 310 has a built in module but don't quote me on anything as only started looking into it.

0 0 0

3. Re: retro fitting cruise bluetooth or usb to a 1.6 tdi 2010 golf 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Thanks Arron

keep me me posted on here on what you find out and what you intend to do.

cheers

vin

0 0 0

4. Re: retro fitting cruise bluetooth or usb to a 1.6 tdi 2010 golf 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Is the rds 510 a straight swap for the 310? Just plug and play or is anything else required to get Bluetooth working for streaming music

cheers

vin

0 0 0

5. Re: retro fitting cruise bluetooth or usb to a 1.6 tdi 2010 golf 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    There are plenty of video's on YouTube for fitting cruise control. It will depend on the part number of the steering wheel control module.

Steering Wheel Control Module Versions

Bluetooth FAQ for mk5-mk6-mk7 VW Golf, Jetta, JSW: 9w2, 9w3, 9w7 modules
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

0 1 0

6. Re: retro fitting cruise bluetooth or usb to a 1.6 tdi 2010 golf 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Thanks for this Keith
    how do I check what steering wheel control module is on mine? It doesn’t have any steering wheel controls.
    I do have vcds for my Audis so I can use this if that will tell me.

cheers

vin

0 0 0

7. Re: retro fitting cruise bluetooth or usb to a 1.6 tdi 2010 golf 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine is an early 2010 1.6TDI S version without the MFSW and had the midline 1K0-953-549-CQ steering module. This doesn't support the MFSW but would support cruise control according to the Ross Tech link posted on the other comment. If you wanted to upgrade to the MFSW you'd need a highline control unit. To tell what control unit you have do a full scan with VAGCOM. I think its item 16 on the list for steering. Re the USB you could get the appropriate VW MDI kit fitted either in the armrest if you have one or behind the glove compartment on the passenger side. The dealer put mine in when I got the car in 2010 as the factory screwed up and forgot to fit a few things. I have the RCD310 radio and it works okay with that. Not sure about the later VW bluetooth units but in 2010 VW were still fitting and scamming people with their flawed badged bury units that weren't up-gradable. You could get a genuine Bury CC9068 as these work well and integrate with the RCD 310 as well as the MDI unit. You can have the phone connected and have its audio for satnav and the radio/cd or MDI for music which mutes for the satnav temporarily. This was an issue for the VW own unit.
    Golf mk6 (2010) 1.6S TDI (105) 5 Door Shadow Blue
    Alloys, Sunroof, Fogs, 310 Radio+MDI, Highline, Mats, Service Plan, GAP+Smart Repair.

0 0 0