Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi All,

Sorry if this has been posted before, but got this morning to go work and started the car to see that the battery light had come on, i checked the battery indicator and is was low all the way down to the end, do you think i need a new battery or will it charge up when i start to drive the vehicle?

0 0 0

2. Re: Low Battery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It may charge up but it does sound like it's on its way out. Prob best to just replace it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

0 1 0

3. Re: Low Battery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjazzie View Post
    Hi All,

Sorry if this has been posted before, but got this morning to go work and started the car to see that the battery light had come on, i checked the battery indicator and is was low all the way down to the end, do you think i need a new battery or will it charge up when i start to drive the vehicle?
    Check if alternator charges it properly. If car has electric heater in heater matrix, when below 6 degrees alternator give's 15+ volts, but I don't know if these audis had those already.
    Current cars:
    2007 Passat b6 2.0 tdi BMR DSG
    2013 Golf MK7 1.6 tdi 5 speed

0 1 0

4. Re: Low Battery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    If the battery is 5 years old or more, there is a good chance it is coming to the end of its life.
    2017 Audi Q5 Quattro S line Navarro Blue 2.0 litre TFSI, HBA, Powered Mirrors, QVIA AR790 (2 Channel Dash Cameras), Front & Rear parking cameras with smart interface.

0 0 0

5. Re: Low Battery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    I got sometimes message Low Battery and advise to drive and it will be charged during driving. Never problems and car is almost 9 years old with factory fitted battery.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    Audi A6 Sedan C6 2.0 TDIe 2011 Condor Grey metallic

0 0 0

6. Re: Low Battery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Novica View Post
    I got sometimes message Low Battery and advise to drive and it will be charged during driving. Never problems and car is almost 9 years old with factory fitted battery.
    Given its age, it is my opinion that the battery is near the end of its useful life.
    2017 Audi Q5 Quattro S line Navarro Blue 2.0 litre TFSI, HBA, Powered Mirrors, QVIA AR790 (2 Channel Dash Cameras), Front & Rear parking cameras with smart interface.

0 0 0

7. Re: Low Battery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    I have got message this morning:

Started car without problem and drove the car in city only. It is happening last two years from time to time but no problem to start the car. I have read that alternator is not charging the battery all the time only when needed.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    Audi A6 Sedan C6 2.0 TDIe 2011 Condor Grey metallic

0 0 0

8. Re: Low Battery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Novica View Post
    I have read that alternator is not charging the battery all the time only when needed
    Yes a full battery that keeps getting rammed with charge does tend to get, well, animated...
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

9. Re: Low Battery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi All,

Thanks for the reply's much appreciated, been driving over wk end and have had no issues with the battery, maybe b'cos of the cold weather it went down, but now is full, but will keep a eye on it

0 0 0

10. Re: Low Battery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjazzie View Post
    Hi All,

It's not necessarily a battery coming to the end of its life - it might be that.

You might find, as I've been experiencing myself, that your car has an electrical glitch that is causing the car an excessively long time to shut-down after you've turned the engine off and locked her.

Easy way to tell, is to use the car, shut her down, and watch how long it takes for the hazard light switch on the main dash to go off.

If all is well with the systems, it should go off in just a few minutes. If there's an issue that's causing it a while to shut down, the hazard light will remain illuminated for an hour or two. If it's staying on for a couple of hours, the cars systems are still running, despite the car being "off", and this is draining your battery. A battery change would not cure this.

Easiest to check it in the early dark evenings, as it's much easier to see if the hazard light on the dash is still on or not!

0 2 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast