Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    First off, hello,
    I have a rather unusual first post, but here goes.

My mother recently passed away. She drove a 98 Passat TDI. My dad doesnt drive anymore.

The car looks to almost be showroom condition with only 2 owners and only about 90,000 miles on it. (mainly a few trips to France and around town).
    I am out of the country, so I am trying to work out if I should hold on to it or sell it when I visit again in April. My Dad had been told its only worth about $50, which I thought was an insult.

I know this seems like one of those scam posts where I say the car is located at .... etc, but I will not sell the car unless I am there and can show it to a buyer if I decide not to keep it.

0 0 0

2. Re: Hello everyone from an ExPat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Is the car in the UK? Check we buy any car and autotrader to get an idea of values. Would have thought it would be worth more but depends on service history -it may need brakes, cambelt which could be more than the car is worth. I'm sure you could get more on ebay even.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

3. Re: Hello everyone from an ExPat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It has a full service history, going all the way back to the original purchase and dealer. Last few years has only done about 3000 miles in 5 years.
    I took it to Paris a year ago and it drove over 70mpg on the motorway (highway, whatever you call them), 55mpg around town. My parents had the car serviced every year and it has never failed an MOT. It has 2 issues that I know of, Passenger door locks when others unlock and unlocks when you lock the car, and the middle vent doesn't close on the dash. Other than that it looks like it rolled out of a showroom. (my dad cleaned it every other week with Zaino polish, that I had shipped to him from here in the states).
    I had cruise control added and programmed and also uses a "brocket" fuel catalyst in the tank.

0 0 0

4. Re: Hello everyone from an ExPat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    I would think you would get 10 times the number quoted to your Dad with no effort and probably closer to £1000 easily.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0