1. New Order... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Finally have bitten the bullet and ordered the C8 Avant. My poor '06 A4 has given worthy service. Have a delivery date for December. Bit worried about the diesel, but couldn't really get my head around a reasonable electric alternative. Would have liked the adaptive cruise but couldn't justify the tour pack...

Is there anything worth doing frome VCDS perspective on these?

0 0 0

2. Re: New Order... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    First off, congratulations on first published order! Second, unless you live in or travel through major cities I really wouldn't worry about the diesel, just be prepared to do a few motorway miles to keep the DPF clean. On the VCDS mods none has tried yet as the models too new although I suggest many of the C7 mods may still work. Keep us all updated and when you get it, pics,pics,pics! Lastly, colour?, Spec?
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

3. Re: New Order... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi Whippy53
    Thanks for the congrats - surely a few others must have ordered?! I've gone for the 40 s-line (will only get in trouble with a faster car), standard wheels, mythos black, folding mirrors, b&o sound, tech pack, heated steering wheel, light pack, storage pack, larger tank - and then I couldn't justify anymore....

December delivery date - will go to a detailer first for the works including ceramic coating.

uming and aaahing about gap insurance - advice seems conflicting whether this is a good or bad thing, any thoughts?

0 0 0

4. Re: New Order... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    Well, I would always go for it although not through the dealer. Too expensive and far better deals elsewhere. Shop around is as always the best advice. Sounds like a nice spec. Enjoy.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

5. Re: New Order... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Weypie View Post
    Finally have bitten the bullet and ordered the C8 Avant. My poor '06 A4 has given worthy service. Have a delivery date for December. Bit worried about the diesel, but couldn't really get my head around a reasonable electric alternative. Would have liked the adaptive cruise but couldn't justify the tour pack...

Is there anything worth doing frome VCDS perspective on these?

I've also taken the plunge. I've taken a car my dealer had in stock, a 40tdi S Line in Daytona with Tech Pack. That's what I would have specified anyway so it works well. I get the car this weekend. I've been exiled to BMW for the last 3 years since my C7 was written off by floods - having been through that experience GAP insurance is a must. I'm shopping around but so far ALA seems a decent option that is well regarded.

0 0 0

6. Re: New Order... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks Rickerby - how exciting
    - would love to hear your thoughts on the new whip.

ALA seemed expensive - insurethegap seem the cheapest (though cheapest doesn’t mean best) Are you going for return to invoice?

0 0 0

7. Re: New Order... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Yes looking forward to it. Thanks for the heads up on GAP I’ll have a look at your suggestion. I am planning to go return to invoice

0 0 0

8. Re: New Order... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rickerby View Post
    I've also taken the plunge. I've taken a car my dealer had in stock, a 40tdi S Line in Daytona with Tech Pack. That's what I would have specified anyway so it works well. I get the car this weekend. I've been exiled to BMW for the last 3 years since my C7 was written off by floods - having been through that experience GAP insurance is a must. I'm shopping around but so far ALA seems a decent option that is well regarded.
    Be interesting to hear your thoughts on how well the new tech integrates with the car , ie climate control functions
    etc - although I understand that you can change the temperature via voice control.

0 0 0

9. Re: New Order... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Q7quattro View Post
    Be interesting to hear your thoughts on how well the new tech integrates with the car , ie climate control functions
    etc - although I understand that you can change the temperature via voice control.
    On the whole very well. Having used various Idrive/MMI systems for the past 10 years, the touch screen has taken some getting used to, but it works well and is relatively easy to navigate. The screens do of course pick up fingerprints but so far this is a minor irritation. As you say you can also do a lot with voice and in this respect the new A6 is head and shoulders above any other voice enabled cars I have driven and it works brilliantly. The car has the tech pack with virtual cockpit and that really lifts the cabin.

The rest of the car is very impressive, incredibly refined for a 2litre diesel and very well finished even by Audi standards. Having come from a BMW 335d, I thought I would notice a big drop in performance, but on the road in day to day driving it pulls well and on a longish run earlier this week on a mix of A roads and dual carriageways hit 50mpg without trying and despite still having only around 100 miles on the clock at that stage. All in all really pleased with it.

0 2 0

10. Re: New Order... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Sounds good Rickerby! My delivery not till mid-Dec, which seems like a lomg time away. It would have been dull had you reported ‘it is frankly disappointing’!

Do you use the voice functions much then?

What did you end up doing re Gap?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast