Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hello
    just bought a rather lovely A6 C7 BiTDI. The car has the standard mmi system with the 6.5” screen. Is it possible to retrofit the larger 8” screen that is standard with the mmi plus system and integrate this with my existing mmi system?

i understnd there could be issues with screen resolution etc.

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A6 C7 MMI screen size upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I’m pretty sure people have tried retro fitting the bigger screen and it shows the screen 1.5 times and offset?? I think the whole premium system needs to be fitted then coded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A6 C7 MMI screen size upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Coding via vcds should not be a problem. I read somewhere the mmi plus has a different graphics card that enables the higher res screen. Mmi plus requires a different centre console.

Second hand screens are a fraction of the cost of the entire mmi plus system.

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A6 C7 MMI screen size upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi have a search in the forum, I am sure it has been done and the guy posted all info needed. Think it was quite expensive to do.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A6 C7 MMI screen size upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    You need the following:

- New MMI unit
    - Radio unit (make sure you get one with DAB) if the RMC unit has DAB too
    - New screen and mount
    - New cable between screen and MMI
    - A rather expensive harness from Kufatec or if you're feeling brave you can build your own
    - New keypad
    - Various lower cost bits depending on your cars config from factory

If you have Bose the harness will be slightly easier as there will already be a fibre optic cable and speaker cables going to the boot cupboard. If not, you will need to move all these wires from behind the dash to the rear of the car along with a fibre optic run. You will also require the bracket that holds the units in the passenger side boot cupboard.

Which unit and parts you require will depend on the age of the car and whether you want SIM card option for some online services (see below).

It involves a fair bit of trim coming off down the passenger side of the car so isn't for the faint hearted. New parts will be around 4-5K from a dealer. Used parts I would say for everything will be between 500-1K depending on if you're willing to wait for a bargain to come up.

You also don't get Online Traffic and full MyAudi connectivity on retrofit units as Audi don't have the MMI High system registered against your car.
    Last edited by slackworth; 15-10-2018 at 05:38 PM.

0 1 0

6. Re: Audi A6 C7 MMI screen size upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi all, thanks for your valued input..... I will see what mmi plus units i can source on Ebay.

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi A6 C7 MMI screen size upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slackworth View Post
    You need the following:

- New MMI unit
    - Radio unit (make sure you get one with DAB) if the RMC unit has DAB too
    - New screen and mount
    - New cable between screen and MMI
    - A rather expensive harness from Kufatec or if you're feeling brave you can build your own
    - New keypad
    - Various lower cost bits depending on your cars config from factory

If you have Bose the harness will be slightly easier as there will already be a fibre optic cable and speaker cables going to the boot cupboard. If not, you will need to move all these wires from behind the dash to the rear of the car along with a fibre optic run. You will also require the bracket that holds the units in the passenger side boot cupboard.

Which unit and parts you require will depend on the age of the car and whether you want SIM card option for some online services (see below).

It involves a fair bit of trim coming off down the passenger side of the car so isn't for the faint hearted. New parts will be around 4-5K from a dealer. Used parts I would say for everything will be between 500-1K depending on if you're willing to wait for a bargain to come up.

You also don't get Online Traffic and full MyAudi connectivity on retrofit units as Audi don't have the MMI High system registered against your car.
    i know probably this is a silly question but i would be grateful if you could help me out with some information. i will attach a picture with the sticker price and all the info of my car and if you need me i will send you some pictures with the interior. now my question is if i have all the whistles(well not all but what i care for) and bells on my prestige(sim card sd card slots etc) do i still need to change everything and not just the screen?

20180528_134737.jpg

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi A6 C7 MMI screen size upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lauretiu View Post
    i know probably this is a silly question but i would be grateful if you could help me out with some information. i will attach a picture with the sticker price and all the info of my car and if you need me i will send you some pictures with the interior. now my question is if i have all the whistles(well not all but what i care for) and bells on my prestige(sim card sd card slots etc) do i still need to change everything and not just the screen?

20180528_134737.jpg

Hi,

It looks to me like you already have the equipment mentioned above, including the larger screen - there isn't a screen bigger than the one already fitted to that car.

Cheers!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi A6 C7 MMI screen size upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi i agree with MF. You have the top spec mmi unit with the 8” screen...ive decided to upgrade my bitdi in 2019 for a slightly newer model this time with mmi plus. Cost to upgrade mmi to mmi plus is ridiculous

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi A6 C7 MMI screen size upgrade 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thank you very much guys for your input. From what I read on the sticker page I saw 6.5 screen so I wouldave not been able to do my android addition(navitouch android) unless I had a 8" screen and I noticed there's 6 types of mmi Audi MMI version check (2G 3G 3G+ RMC high low basic) - YouTube

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast