Quote Originally Posted by The Accountant View Post
Yes it can be undone. but a standard remap may not remove the VW Emissions fix. the best way to go is find a local tuner who will remove the VW fix by installing the original software to your car's ECU. there are lots of these tuners out there and should cost between £50 and £100. then go ahead with a re-map taking the standard 140 bhp car to 180bhp, this does improve the cars drivability at low speed. and as long as you dont drive like a nutter then economy does not suffer. i had a stage one remap last year and i saw the MPG average go up from 51.7mpg to 54.6mpg over 3000 miles but on a single journey from Manchester to Cornwall managed 67.3MPG but all of this will depend on the driver.

one last thing... once the VW fix has been removed and engine oil and filter change. in my case the oil had got contaminated with fuel, where the sump holds 3.9L of oil i drained out 4.6L had it tested and the additional 0.6L was basically fuel. also have a forced regeneration done. after all of this mine went from a regeneration every 130 miles to every 740 miles. well worth getting done
Thanks for this, I have been in touch with a local tuner with rolling road.

They have said they can check what software is installed and if necessary revert back before then tuning the car all for £295!

Just need to find the time and a spare £300

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk