Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi All,

New to the VW section, picked up my 2013 Passat Alltrack at the weekend.

Loving the car!

Only thing is it seems to be lacking tourque low in the revs and I think the MPG is suffering because of it!

Anyone any experience with these is it normal because of 4motion?

Does it have anything to do with the emissions fix??

Thanks in advance
    Simon

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Passat Alltrack Fuel Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    What engine is fitted, 140 or 177.

According to my 2012 brochure, the 177 engines were not destined to come online until Feb 2013 so there is no data supplied.

Has it had the emissions fix.

My unmodified 177 stalls out in 4th on low revs. I learnt that early on after buying it and experienced a little road rage. I turned a corner, inadvertently put it in 4th and it died right there. The driver behind got a little upset. She called me an old man who needed to resit his test.

My average mpg is 50+, I have managed 60 on a motorway.
    Last edited by UMEL; 10-10-2018 at 08:14 AM.
    2013 B7 Passat BlueMotion Sport Estate 2.0 TDi 177PS (CFGC), 6 speed Manual, Metallic Night Blue, Fontana alloys, Start/Stop, RNS-510 (HW H09, SW 5238 V13 maps, 8316) Nav DAB, ACC, XDS, TPM, Westfalia Tow bar, Rear View camera, Keyless Entry, Easy Open/close Electric Tailgate, Park Assist, Electric Parking Brake, DRL's, Amb light, Zebrano wood, Tinted Glass, mud flaps, 61K. Cheat emission software. Nextbase 402G iN-CAR CAM.

0 1 0

3. Re: Passat Alltrack Fuel Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks

Its the 140, considering I just purchased it from a VW dealer I'm going to assume the emissions fix has been done.

Not had any issue with stalling just the amount of down changes to get it to go!?
    I have never changed down gears this much in my old A4 that was a 140 or wife's Tiguan that's also a 140 albeit a newer 140. But neither of these had/have 4motion?!

0 0 0

4. Re: Passat Alltrack Fuel Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Having read a number of reports concerning lack of power and having to change gears earlier after the emissions fix I would say that is what it is suffering from. Unfortunately the fix cannot be reversed.

The added mechanics of 4Motion most probably add to the issue...more items to rotate.
    2013 B7 Passat BlueMotion Sport Estate 2.0 TDi 177PS (CFGC), 6 speed Manual, Metallic Night Blue, Fontana alloys, Start/Stop, RNS-510 (HW H09, SW 5238 V13 maps, 8316) Nav DAB, ACC, XDS, TPM, Westfalia Tow bar, Rear View camera, Keyless Entry, Easy Open/close Electric Tailgate, Park Assist, Electric Parking Brake, DRL's, Amb light, Zebrano wood, Tinted Glass, mud flaps, 61K. Cheat emission software. Nextbase 402G iN-CAR CAM.

1 0 0

5. Re: Passat Alltrack Fuel Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UMEL View Post
    Having read a number of reports concerning lack of power and having to change gears earlier after the emissions fix I would say that is what it is suffering from. Unfortunately the fix cannot be reversed.

The added mechanics of 4Motion most probably add to the issue...more items to rotate.
    It can be reversed by remap. It would be around 210 hp 430 Nm for 177 hp engine and 170 - 180 hp 410 Nm for 140 hp engine. Way WAY more response down low as damn emission fix kills car down low.
    Current cars:
    2007 Passat b6 2.0 tdi BMR DSG
    2013 Golf MK7 1.6 tdi 5 speed

1 0 0

6. Re: Passat Alltrack Fuel Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renars View Post
    It can be reversed by remap. It would be around 210 hp 430 Nm for 177 hp engine and 170 - 180 hp 410 Nm for 140 hp engine. Way WAY more response down low as damn emission fix kills car down low.
    Thanks for this!

Thought it could be undone, probably going to get it remapped then!
    Not massively interested in pushing engine to limits just want the low end torque it should have!

Current average MPG is 40, have only covered 100 miles so far!

0 0 0

7. Re: Passat Alltrack Fuel Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonAshley View Post
    Thanks for this!

Not massively interested in pushing engine to limits just want the low end torque it should have!

170 hp and around 400 Nm is quite safe if you don't drive with pedal to the floor all the time.
    Do some more miles and MPG will probably be better.
    It tends to use more fuel and hit MPG hard if you do a lot of short trips.
    Current cars:

1 0 0

8. Smile Re: Passat Alltrack Fuel Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonAshley View Post
    Thanks for this!

Yes it can be undone. but a standard remap may not remove the VW Emissions fix. the best way to go is find a local tuner who will remove the VW fix by installing the original software to your car's ECU. there are lots of these tuners out there and should cost between £50 and £100. then go ahead with a re-map taking the standard 140 bhp car to 180bhp, this does improve the cars drivability at low speed. and as long as you dont drive like a nutter then economy does not suffer. i had a stage one remap last year and i saw the MPG average go up from 51.7mpg to 54.6mpg over 3000 miles but on a single journey from Manchester to Cornwall managed 67.3MPG but all of this will depend on the driver.

one last thing... once the VW fix has been removed and engine oil and filter change. in my case the oil had got contaminated with fuel, where the sump holds 3.9L of oil i drained out 4.6L had it tested and the additional 0.6L was basically fuel. also have a forced regeneration done. after all of this mine went from a regeneration every 130 miles to every 740 miles. well worth getting done

0 0 0

9. Re: Passat Alltrack Fuel Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I’ve had a 140 for five years, love it. It’s done 42ish mpg come rain or shine. I don’t hoof it. Did stall it a couple of time when I first had it but not since.

0 0 0

10. Re: Passat Alltrack Fuel Consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accountant View Post
    Yes it can be undone. but a standard remap may not remove the VW Emissions fix. the best way to go is find a local tuner who will remove the VW fix by installing the original software to your car's ECU. there are lots of these tuners out there and should cost between £50 and £100. then go ahead with a re-map taking the standard 140 bhp car to 180bhp, this does improve the cars drivability at low speed. and as long as you dont drive like a nutter then economy does not suffer. i had a stage one remap last year and i saw the MPG average go up from 51.7mpg to 54.6mpg over 3000 miles but on a single journey from Manchester to Cornwall managed 67.3MPG but all of this will depend on the driver.

one last thing... once the VW fix has been removed and engine oil and filter change. in my case the oil had got contaminated with fuel, where the sump holds 3.9L of oil i drained out 4.6L had it tested and the additional 0.6L was basically fuel. also have a forced regeneration done. after all of this mine went from a regeneration every 130 miles to every 740 miles. well worth getting done
    Well its hard to imagine remap that wont reduce EGR intensity by a lot (EGR intensity is greatly increased by fix, that's what reduces NOx).
    Therefore load on DPF will be greatly reduced (as you said about regens), car will be happy, driver will be happy
    Maybe human health isn't going to be happy, but you know its complicated...
    Current cars:

0 1 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast