1. Kufatec Reversing Camera at a great price 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    In my hunt for a RVC for my facelift A6 I came across the following site in Poland Audi A6 4S0 High Line Rear View Camera Kit With Guidance Lines - High Resolution with the cable and camera for €359.
    It looked the same as the Kufatec https://www.kufatec.de/shop/en/audi/...15?action_ms=1 without the dongle.

I contacted Kufatec who were great and made an offer for me to purchase from them instead at a similar price including the coding dongle. So if you are in the market to add the RVC to a FL this is a great option.

Disclaimer- I am not sponsored by Kufatec, I'm highlighting that their offer to match competing pricing it true.

0 0 0

2. Re: Kufatec Reversing Camera at a great price 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    Showing my ignorance here, but what's the dongle for?
    I notice it still needs to be coded as well, can that be done by someone with VCDS or is it a visit to the dealers?

0 0 0

3. Re: Kufatec Reversing Camera at a great price 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    The dongle will program the 5F module via the odb port without the need for VCDS, on the c7 facelift the 5F Infotainment module is pretty much unmapped in VCDS which is why the dongle is worth while.
    The dongle will program some of the modules via the odb port but you need VCDS to enable the 09 and 5F, on the c7 facelift the 5F Infotainment module is pretty much unmapped in VCDS which is why the dongle is worth while.

The dealer coding is for the calibration of the camera, Kufatec have said the camera works fine without calibration. If you google around calibration requires a large printed pattern and precise measurements for its position before calibration and is difficult to pass without the dealer rig/setup.
    This kind of calibration makes sense for the front lane assist stuff but not really for a rear parking camera in my opinion.
    Last edited by DPN; 08-10-2018 at 11:31 AM.

1 1 0

4. Re: Kufatec Reversing Camera at a great price 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quick update : The dongle does not do all the coding as mentioned above, VCDS is still required to code the Central Electrics (09) and the Infotaimnent(5F).

I cabled it up but didn't get through the coding. Hopefully that is my last stage.

0 0 0

5. Re: Kufatec Reversing Camera at a great price 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DPN View Post
    Quick update : The dongle does not do all the coding as mentioned above, VCDS is still required to code the Central Electrics (09) and the Infotaimnent(5F).

I cabled it up but didn't get through the coding. Hopefully that is my last stage.

Hi DPN

Did you manage to get your reverse camera working - I ordered mine from the UK from http://professionalretrofits.co.uk but it seems they never fitted one to the newer A6 ( mines a 171 bought earlier this year)

Looking for suggestions for an auto electrican to trouble shoot as my mechanic has fitted it - the system can see the camera - wired as per instruction but nothing showing on the screen. We either get it sorted here in Dublin or at a expense go back to UK which seems a major hassle

Please keep us posted as to how you get on - as I am sure there are many other looking to do the same with the A6's

Dub_Irl

0 0 0

6. Re: Kufatec Reversing Camera at a great price 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Dub_Irl

I installed it myself, do you have VCDS? I had a black screen initially which was due to having the video/screen swapped at the back of the Radio.
    Can you access the 6C module ( The camera) as you need to add some configuration to get it to work with the existing parking sensors if you have those.
    Is it a Kufatec kit with the camera and cabling?

It is all working but I am trying to resolve a VCDS message saying my instruments cannot be reached, they can be but not via the autoscan.

The cabling front to back is under the trim from the rear right to the drivers side, taking off the lower trim at the drivers side and then up to the rear of the radio.
    The saloon boot/trunk trim is easy enough to remove and then its a case of swapping the handle for the camera handle. Routing the cable back the same path as the rest of the door-door cabling along the hinge.

The camera needs to be connected to a switched live i.e. one that goes-off when the ignition is turned off ( it is this way for the Facelift A6). Otherwise it will kill the battery as it is always on, I did this myself resulting in a desperate morning jump start.
    If you cant access the 6C in vcds then it could be the CAN wiring where the CAN-HI and CAN-LOW for the camera are connected.

Which instructions did you follow for the install? Did it include the coding? Did your kit come with a dongle that plugs in to the ODB port once the install is complete.

I know loads of questions but I've been sorting mine out on and off for a couple of weeks.

Where are you based?

Dave N

0 0 0

7. Re: Kufatec Reversing Camera at a great price 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DPN View Post
    Dub_Irl

I installed it myself, do you have VCDS? I had a black screen initially which was due to having the video/screen swapped at the back of the Radio.
    Can you access the 6C module ( The camera) as you need to add some configuration to get it to work with the existing parking sensors if you have those.
    Is it a Kufatec kit with the camera and cabling?

It is all working but I am trying to resolve a VCDS message saying my instruments cannot be reached, they can be but not via the autoscan.

The cabling front to back is under the trim from the rear right to the drivers side, taking off the lower trim at the drivers side and then up to the rear of the radio.
    The saloon boot/trunk trim is easy enough to remove and then its a case of swapping the handle for the camera handle. Routing the cable back the same path as the rest of the door-door cabling along the hinge.

The camera needs to be connected to a switched live i.e. one that goes-off when the ignition is turned off ( it is this way for the Facelift A6). Otherwise it will kill the battery as it is always on, I did this myself resulting in a desperate morning jump start.
    If you cant access the 6C in vcds then it could be the CAN wiring where the CAN-HI and CAN-LOW for the camera are connected.

Which instructions did you follow for the install? Did it include the coding? Did your kit come with a dongle that plugs in to the ODB port once the install is complete.

I know loads of questions but I've been sorting mine out on and off for a couple of weeks.

Where are you based?

Dave N

Hi Dave N,

Thanks for the reply - its nice to know I am not the only one looking at this I thought this was gonna be easy.....just give you a quick overview - car was bought in April bought the kit when I got it home - I had thought of getting fitted in the UK but it would have delayed me. I am now regretting not getting it fitted there but only realized he never had fitted one to this before.

My mechanic did all the fitting i.e and wired it up as per the instructions given = at first just a diagram with pin outs and really not enough - we asked for more instruction and he directed us to wire up to the ignition - but we also ran into the same issue - brought it home - could hear the fan ticking over in the car when I switched off - had a nightmare the following morning trying to get it out ! - killed the battery so was a flippin pain getting the car out from behind my other halfs car!
    We have gotten further instructions since and have wired it up a couple of time - but still no joy just a black screen even though the camera is seen in the car - we have tries a number of suggestion around the coding none have work so far - it could be as daft as the wires wrong way around as you mentioned.

There was a number of emails back and forward which I can pull together to show you what we did...but at the end of the day my mechanic did all the obvious and we know thing we need someone else to check everything over to be sure we did it right.

We did not get the dongle - mechanic has access to VCDS pretty up to date as far as I know - we followed all the steps as given - can send you on what we got - we suspect it is kaufectec as well as the manuals are coming from them

So we have it fitted -we know the system see the camera - we think we have it coded but were not sure what its not working - hence why I am looking into getting it checked by an auto electrican.

I am based out in North Dublin

Be more than happy to tease this one out - I may get him to start with the wiring again just in case and I can sent the manuals we got on as well if that might help you along - u sound like your almost there

Like you, I have been looking at this on and off for the last few months but would really like to sort it now as Its a nice piece of kit which can be useful as you know there like a bus !

Paul M

0 0 0

8. Re: Kufatec Reversing Camera at a great price 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can you guys put some VCDS screens please of coding camera 6c 10 and 5F

0 0 0

9. Re: Kufatec Reversing Camera at a great price 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    The coding differs between the pre Facelife and after the facelift so the one I have done is the facelift version.
    With the Kufatec kit there is a coding dongle that does "something" which I have not deciphered in addition to the coding.

Dub_irl private message me your email and I can see if I help.

0 0 0

10. Re: Kufatec Reversing Camera at a great price 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi Dave N it seems I can't send you any email as I have not created enough posts yet. Apologies for the delay in replying

However I will try and send you what is the latest mails to show you how far we had got. I am removing personal details from this as well along with emails addresses for obvious reason as its on a public forum.

I will also try and post images that we sent to show how the connections were set.

So the email chain - I have stripped out the personal stuff but essentially this was the progress we had made.

Mail back to the guy in the UK that sold us the kit....this was in August

Hi Paul.

I looked at what u sent me bellow.
    I fixed the connection of camera (moved it from permanent power at back of radio onto power after ignition, by just adding extra fuse on drivers front fuse box and power is live only after u turn ignition on) - I hope it doesn’t need to be taken specifically from back as it would be a bit silly to run all cables to front to extend them afterword’s and run them back to rear of car (I already needed to extend positive wire anyway to get to one of front fuse boxes...)

As I mentioned before, address 19 is sorted, so I can see 6C in installed modules.

6c has no errors apart of basic settings not performed...

Address 6c has already coding identical to what you sent me below.

When I go to 5F and pick BAP_Gen2-VPS...... there is sporadic communication error, so I cannot change anything...

My concern is if CAN hi/low are connected right way, but all is connected as you suggested over phone on first day of installation and/or manual u sent me in pdf file (position 6 and 12 in grey part of connector at back of radio unit...). In last email it stands to extend the wires to back of car again (which is a bit silly to me-I’m sure there is can connection at the radio as in original manual...)
    On top, the colours of wires described by u over phone are as in car (and correspond to what is in pdf file...), when the ones in instruction below are different...

Just to make sure, I made few pictures to show u how all is connected, so please find them attached as well.

I will attach the pictures that we sent at the end - I need to resize them as they are too big to post as originals

On 1 Aug 2018, at 17:30,
    Hi Paul.

Thanks for PDF file with instruction you sent me last time.
    I think I did all what was in it and camera is still not working.

19 CAN Gateway - I installed camera module (6C) and its visible for diagnostic equipment.
    6C Camera module - I reseated all fault codes apart form Basic Settings not performed (u said over phone, to just leave it as it is...), and I didn't touch anything else in it (the car has no trailer hitch fitted and has parking sensors fitted front and back...)
    9 - I changed Byte 35 Bit 4 to value 1 (before value was 0), coding was accepted and no fault codes appeared...
    5F - I changed Byte 6 Bit 2 to value 1 (before it was 0), Coding was accepted, but Fault code appeared (1543 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded.............)
    I ignored existence of the code and resetted the MMI pressing MENU+ROTARY KNOB+RIGHT TOP together.
    Camera is still not working.

Could you please advise what could be wrong and suggest solution?
    The car is late 2017 model with big screen and parking sensors,

One other thing to point out is that he mentioned connecting into the canbus connection which are under one of the rear seats after we had gone back to him to let him know we could not get it to work? Did you try this or did you simply wire from the back of the car to the
    front

Let me know what you think regarding above - i don't think we missed anything we followed the steps as outlined.

I will post the photo shortly.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast