2. Re: Kufatec Reversing Camera at a great price 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    5F - I changed Byte 6 Bit 2 to value 1 (before it was 0), Coding was accepted, but Fault code appeared (1543 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded.............)

This is not needed for the facelift with MMI touch is for a lower spec version. I did the same and got that 5f incorrectcoded message. Set byte 6 bit 2 back to zero. It will go away. Clear the dtc codes in the 5f. In the fifth picture byte coding condition....ERROR should be gone.

Next, the sporadic bap. In the 5f adaptation search for “BAP” and check the camera is active. I don’t have it with me to check right now. I think the dongle does this.

Your grey plug can connections look similar to mine. Pin 12 can low and pin6 can high.

Next the camera cable to the blue connector, the instructions say video on pin 6 shielding on pin12. It looks like that is what you have clear one in 6 and black in 12.

The 6c gives an error until its calibrated but kufatec said they ship it with a default sharpness so it’s not necessary. It’s on my list to sort but no hurry.

Try some of this and see how you get on.

0 0 0

3. Re: Kufatec Reversing Camera at a great price 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    thanks for that ,

I will see if I can get the mechanic to try this during the week and will let you know how I get on. thanks for the suggestions - that might bring me closer to where your at. I would tend to agree with regards the the calibration - I don't think it crucial that it gets calibrated as the overlay lines should be working along with the parking sensors which I have gotten used to over the month - will let you know as I soon as I time to check it this week.

0 0 0

4. Re: Kufatec Reversing Camera at a great price 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Did you get sorted?

0 0 0

5. Re: Kufatec Reversing Camera at a great price 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Look, mate, I had the same problem! I solved it by unchecking the box from "Adaptive sensor something-something (parking help)". But the thing is my monitor was fighting with parking sensors and didn't know what to do so it turned black. When I unchecked the box it's perfectly working. The video and parking sensors (sound) are working. The one problem is I don't get the car icon on the screen with Park sensors locations... Today I will play with VCDS I will write you reply what you need to uncheck

0 0 0

6. Re: Kufatec Reversing Camera at a great price 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Leowings - only seen this now - I had pretty much given up for a while as we seemed to have tried everything but nothing worked. I am going to go back and get my hands on the VCDS again and try your suggestion. Did you manage to get yours fully sorted ?

Either way I hope to have mine sorted shortly as I really want to have the camera working as its all fitted now done to coding - I bought the car last April but between multiple things did not get time to sort it there and then

Will try and refresh this post in the coming weeks with a final resolution Its an April 2017 A6 Black Edition with the Tech pack so bigger screen - if anyone else see's this and has done a retrofit I would love to hear how they got on

Cheers

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12