1. 2006 audi A8l starting issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I have been searching these types of issues for awhile now and havent found a definitive answer yet. I recently bought a 2006 A8l with the 4,2l engine, it needs a repair to the front passenger shock and is not currently running but the price couldnt be beat as I could scrap it for what I paid. Anyways, the problem is it does not even crank at all. I am not sure if this is an electrical issue or a dead starter. The battery was bad so I went to audi and installed a new one last night and before you ask, no i have no coded it yet as i am waiting for the vagcom to come tomorrow. Even with the new battery I am getting the battery management warning and the mmi shows at around 10%. Is it possible that the mmi reading that low would prevent the car from cranking? and is that fix as simple as coding the new battery? I know the work involved in changing the starter so im hoping it is not the issue but i know it is possible. I have scanned the car and do get the "starter jammed or electrical issue" or whatever code and i also have seen something about the trunk antena or something when it comes to the immobilizer. Not too sure where that is or what to do with that. Is there anything else i should be checking before the starter or anyway to trouble shoot this myself?

0 0 0

2. Re: 2006 audi A8l starting issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Coding the battery is not important for your situation, it merely resets certain parameters learned as the previous battery aged and sets the initial Ah capacity.
    Are you sure the new battery is fully charged? Did you try and start the car as soon as it was fitted and not leave it overnight to possibly drain?
    It is possible that MMI on 10% is because you haven't coded yet, but it wouldn't prevent it cranking as how else would a jump-start work?
    Audi A8 - 2015 - 3.0TDI

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Please Help Audi A3 Starting Issue
    By jammy_gibo in forum VCDS - Help Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31-03-2016, 09:02 AM
  2. Please Help Audi A6 2006 3.0 TDI Quattro MMI and Ignition issue
    By blastermaster in forum Audi A6 - C6 Forum - 2005 - 2010
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-10-2015, 06:10 PM
  3. Audi a3 2006 deisel cutting out/starting problems!
    By kevwall in forum Audi A3 - 8P - 2004 - 2012
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-01-2012, 10:33 PM
  4. Starting a damaged 2006 AUDI A6
    By motor trader in forum Audi A6 - C6 Forum - 2005 - 2010
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-03-2008, 01:37 PM