1. Picked my A6 up  
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I posted a couple of weeks ago that I’d found an A6 Avant and I’ve finally picked it up today, couple of questions.

Can I code the mirrors to fold when I lock the car?
    Can I code the boot to close off the key?
    If so, anyone with VCDS near Leeds or Middlesbrough?

Finally, haven’t figured out how to connect my iPhone via Bluetooth for music, I’m having to use the lead, have I read somewhere I need to switch Bluetooth off for making calls to allow music to be played, if so, how do I do this?

Here’s a pic after driving it 100 miles back from Hull Audi this evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 1 0

2. Re: Picked my A6 up  
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Well done. I think you can code the mirrors but not sure. Do you have , tech pack, if so it should work. Do not know about the boot. See you have found some badges!!!! Not sure about the phone, I use an iPod for music. Enjoy...
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

3. Re: Picked my A6 up  
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    The garage fitted the badges for free as I preferred them.
    It doesn’t have tech pack unfortunately, I need to find a coder!

0 0 0

4. Re: Picked my A6 up  
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    There was a fix/software update for later facelift cars that let you fold mirrors when you lock. Cars with tech packs didn’t have this problem.
    Looks in the sticky. I posted the remote boot closing code for the facelift.
    For Bluetooth audio you need to cycle through the devices till you find the Bluetooth audio. If it’s connecred by cable it will always choose cable over Bluetooth as that’s better quality.

0 0 0

5. Re: Picked my A6 up  
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    There was a fix/software update for later facelift cars that let you fold mirrors when you lock. Cars with tech packs didn’t have this problem.
    Looks in the sticky. I posted the remote boot closing code for the facelift.
    For Bluetooth audio you need to cycle through the devices till you find the Bluetooth audio. If it’s connecred by cable it will always choose cable over Bluetooth as that’s better quality.
    Is it a software update the dealer would carry out?

Loving the car but the Bluetooth system is annoying me a little, it doesn’t seem to automatically connect when I get back in the car. I’m having to go into bonded Bluetooth devices and selecting my phone for audio player and hands free each time!

Another little thing, the long term memory is fine and is set from when I collected the car yesterday, I reset the short term memory when I filled the tank last night, while I’ve been at work today it’s rest itself and only logged the journey home. I like to see how many miles I’m on for the tank? Can this be changed, can’t see anything in the settings.

0 0 0

6. Re: Picked my A6 up  
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Durham4416 View Post
    Loving the car but the Bluetooth system is annoying me a little, it doesn’t seem to automatically connect when I get back in the car. I’m having to go into bonded Bluetooth devices and selecting my phone for audio player and hands free each time!
    There is a problem somewhere, as you can have four BT device which can be stored in the MMI memory. I suggest to delete all BT devices, and try to pair only one device first.

I like to see how many miles I’m on for the tank? Can this be changed, can’t see anything in the settings.
    If I remember well, then you will always have this information on the top right on the DIS. If not, then you can see this estimated remaining mileage on the top left side of the DIS

About the folding mirrors: As A6s mentioned, it was a common problem earlier that this feature was missed from the F/L models for the first time. It took months for Audi to allow the users to activate the folding mirrors from the MMI. So first, check the MMI settings (if I remember well, somewhere in the central locking session), and set it to "Allow" if it's not allowed currently. If this is the issue, and you miss this menu item, then you have to upgrade the MMI version first.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

7. Re: Picked my A6 up  
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Nice motor.

For the mirrors to fold I think that you need to have the icon below the mirror adjustment switch - you have heater at top, adjust right, adjust left and then an icon at the 6pm position that you turn to fold the mirrors inside the car. If you aint got that, I dont think you can fold them off the key as the mirrors will be missing the motors to do so.

0 0 0

8. Re: Picked my A6 up  
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Thank you. I’ll play around with the Bluetooth and see how it goes.

I can see the estimation of miles remaining but I would like to see how many miles I have covered on a full tank.

I do have the folding mirrors but I have to do it manually, I’ve looked in the MMI settings and can’t see an option described above or other. Will Audi update the MMI?

Thank you again.

0 0 0

9. Re: Picked my A6 up  
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    The fix for the mirrors was a dealer software update for the mmi. There’s a massive thread about it here somewhere.

There’s like a 2 or 3 different trip meters on the car. You can scroll through them and reset it by the button under the MMI screen. The current trip one always resets after car not moved for 2 hours or so. There’s another one I used to use to measure how far a tank gets me.

For the Bluetooth I would reset all to factory settings and re-sync your phone to it. Delete it from the phone as well so it’s all fresh. Normally that fixes all Bluetooth issues.

0 0 0

10. Re: Picked my A6 up  
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    The fix for the mirrors was a dealer software update for the mmi. There’s a massive thread about it here somewhere.

There’s like a 2 or 3 different trip meters on the car. You can scroll through them and reset it by the button under the MMI screen. The current trip one always resets after car not moved for 2 hours or so. There’s another one I used to use to measure how far a tank gets me.

For the Bluetooth I would reset all to factory settings and re-sync your phone to it. Delete it from the phone as well so it’s all fresh. Normally that fixes all Bluetooth issues.
    Excellent thank you.

I can only see 2 trips, short term and long term memory. Going to read the manuals when I get 5 minutes.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast