Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renars View Post
    You just made clear what I already knew - Dealers in UK are terrible.
    Don't go to them !
    Really? One bad experience with one dealer means all dealers in the UK are terrible? Really?

My local dealer has given me outstanding service over the last 18 years and seven different Audi cars I have entrusted to their care.

By the same logic you're using, this implies all dealers in the UK are brilliant.

The reality is there are some great dealers and some not-so-good dealers. You can't tar them all with the same brush.

Just my tuppence

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

2. Re: BiTdi Auto Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    Yeah, let's not use dealers to service our new cars, let's use, I don't know, ah, let's use the post office. I'm sure they can handle the technical side, plus All the warranty work.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

3. Re: BiTdi Auto Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MFGF View Post
    Really? One bad experience with one dealer means all dealers in the UK are terrible? Really?

My local dealer has given me outstanding service over the last 18 years and seven different Audi cars I have entrusted to their care.

By the same logic you're using, this implies all dealers in the UK are brilliant.

The reality is there are some great dealers and some not-so-good dealers. You can't tar them all with the same brush.

Just my tuppence

MF.
    What problems you have had with your cars ?
    They all are great to do overpriced maintenance that's for sure.
    Actually you are right its not UK, its EVERYWHERE.
    Just had 2012 Touran which has auxiliary heater to support it while car heats up, not electric one.
    Found out with VCDS unit is locked.
    You want to know when to this error was dated ?
    It was october 2012, car serviced by dealer in Munich, Germany for last 260 000 km and 6 years.
    Owner obviously didn't know about heater error.
    Otherwise great car, nothing had failed, Original clutch, DMF, DPF, injectors, turbo everything.
    And it was mostly on 30 000 km ''longlife'' oil service
    Top engine mount was starting to wear and made engine vibration in low RPM in low load condition, but cheap fix.
    Also no DPF problems as Autobahn driving makes them last long.
    No stupid emission fix done.
    Whats the point to go to dealer if they just don't care and service they provide is like that.
    You are not supposed to know it had some errors, dealer has to check, but they didn't.
    Lucky you to have good dealer nearby, or just having good cars...
    Current cars:
    2007 Passat b6 2.0 tdi BMR DSG
    2013 Golf MK7 1.6 tdi 5 speed

0 0 0

4. Re: BiTdi Auto Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renars View Post
    What problems you have had with your cars ?
    They all are great to do overpriced maintenance that's for sure.
    Actually you are right its not UK, its EVERYWHERE.
    Just had 2012 Touran which has auxiliary heater to support it while car heats up, not electric one.
    Found out with VCDS unit is locked.
    You want to know when to this error was dated ?
    It was october 2012, car serviced by dealer in Munich, Germany for last 260 000 km and 6 years.
    Owner obviously didn't know about heater error.
    Otherwise great car, nothing had failed, Original clutch, DMF, DPF, injectors, turbo everything.
    And it was mostly on 30 000 km ''longlife'' oil service
    Top engine mount was starting to wear and made engine vibration in low RPM in low load condition, but cheap fix.
    Also no DPF problems as Autobahn driving makes them last long.
    No stupid emission fix done.
    Whats the point to go to dealer if they just don't care and service they provide is like that.
    You are not supposed to know it had some errors, dealer has to check, but they didn't.
    Lucky you to have good dealer nearby, or just having good cars...
    It isn't that I have had good cars. I have had some issues over the years:
    A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem
    The above is a 27-page thread detailing what turned out to be a software fault in one of my previous A6s. If you spend an hour reading through it, you will see my dealer did everything they could to help, and gave me a free map update after the car was fixed. I give them huge credit. I can attest that not all dealers are bad - I hope you manage to find a good one eventually

Cheers!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

5. Re: BiTdi Auto Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Happy to see your dealer can fix radio, but you have been quite lucky with cars then.
    Current cars:
    2007 Passat b6 2.0 tdi BMR DSG
    2013 Golf MK7 1.6 tdi 5 speed

0 0 0

6. Re: BiTdi Auto Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I do believe dealers are a mixed bag as well. I had an issue on my A6 after Stoke Audi serviced the DSG gearbox - it completely died after a short drive and left me stuck in the middle of a busy roundabout at peak time evening traffic.

To be fair to them, it could have turned into a huge legal fight but they rectified the situation very well. My car was collected straight away by them within 1 hour of a phone call the following morning. 2 hours later a brand spanking new Q5 with 20 miles on the clock was delivered - I ended up putting over 1000 miles on this car so they lost some value there. The Mechatronic unit on the gearbox was replaced with brand new and all of this at their cost. The amount of diagnostic work done and oil changes before replacement - the total labour time and parts had I been paying would have worked out around £5K in the end.

Ok you could argue the job should have been done correctly in the first place but to me, how they made up for it shows the true signs of a dealership.

0 2 0

7. Re: BiTdi Auto Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slackworth View Post
    I do believe dealers are a mixed bag as well. I had an issue on my A6 after Stoke Audi serviced the DSG gearbox - it completely died after a short drive and left me stuck in the middle of a busy roundabout at peak time evening traffic.

To be fair to them, it could have turned into a huge legal fight but they rectified the situation very well. My car was collected straight away by them within 1 hour of a phone call the following morning. 2 hours later a brand spanking new Q5 with 20 miles on the clock was delivered - I ended up putting over 1000 miles on this car so they lost some value there. The Mechatronic unit on the gearbox was replaced with brand new and all of this at their cost. The amount of diagnostic work done and oil changes before replacement - the total labour time and parts had I been paying would have worked out around £5K in the end.

Ok you could argue the job should have been done correctly in the first place but to me, how they made up for it shows the true signs of a dealership.

Same dealer as me.

MF.
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123