1. A6 2009 AMI Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Hi all, i have brought a 2009 A6 3.0TDi Quattro Avant, it has mmi 3g now my old 2006 i installed the AMI unit, this 2009 has the slot in the top of the glovebox, so i plugged in my 640GB drive, and i took around 5 minutes to detect it, and most of my tracks say (no playable media) but its all mp3. i have read that the AMI 2010 onwards has folder restrictions but the 2009 shouldnt, i have moved the folders around and got rid of a few top levels but still most say (no playable media) i have also read that anything above 320GB struggles on the 2010 AMI, though Audi sell a 500GB drive..... so i have reformated my drive and partitioned to 320GB it reads a lot faster, but no differene to the playable media. also i could leave my AMI in the 2006 weeks and it would restart where i left. this 2009 leave the car 10 minutes and i have to select source and re select the drive and start again. is this correct does anyone know? i copied a few tracks to the jukebox and that knows where i left off but from what im told they are IDE drives and its hard to find a large 2.5HDD to upgrade it to the size i would like.

If there is a limitation on the AMI, can it be removed? and how. i do a lot of driving and like my Audio books, but if it looses the place every time i stop i cant see the point in it. any help on this would be greatly appriciated.
    Regards Dean Warren. VCDS owner/user
    A6 C7 3.0 BiTDi Quattro Avant 2012 S-Line Tech pack tour Pack ACC Blind spot folding mirrors Sold
    S6 C8 3.0 TDI Quattro Avant 2021 360 Camera Bose Extended leather.

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 2009 AMI Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    OK so apparently thereis a 4000 track limit, now i have come below that the AMI remebers my place, still pretty poor, if i upgrade the HDD in the 3g to 320GB will the Jukebox hold everything ? does anyone know.
    Regards Dean Warren. VCDS owner/user
    A6 C7 3.0 BiTDi Quattro Avant 2012 S-Line Tech pack tour Pack ACC Blind spot folding mirrors Sold
    S6 C8 3.0 TDI Quattro Avant 2021 360 Camera Bose Extended leather.

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 2009 AMI Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I’m sure there will be a 3G expert along soon.
    Landrover Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE
    A6 (C6)Quattro 3.0 tdi Avant Fully loaded Le Mans. Sold
    A6 (C5)Quattro 2.5 tdi(AKE) PP683's & Celtic Remap Sold

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 2009 AMI Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Or maybe not lol
    Landrover Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE
    A6 (C6)Quattro 3.0 tdi Avant Fully loaded Le Mans. Sold
    A6 (C5)Quattro 2.5 tdi(AKE) PP683's & Celtic Remap Sold

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 2009 AMI Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    There is no simple way to upgrade the HDD on the MMI system, as it also holds the operating system. It's also IDE so you would need to find a 2.5" IDE HDD, and one that will withstand the punishment of the environment in the car (mainly shock, high & low temperatures)

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 2009 AMI Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Ami port have not got enough power to run big hdd.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

0 0 0