1. Infotainment or not? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I've given up with the navigation system in my A6 and am about to give up with the Media side of the kit also.
    My iPhone connects to bluetooth and sends and recieves call without issue, but can i get it to play anything from my phone? 90% of the time NO is the answer.
    There seems to be no rhyme nor reason why it does or does not work, it has a mind of it's own. Spotify, internet radio, Apple Music they all get the same treatment.
    Any views out there please?
    Thank you
    Mike

0 0 0

2. Re: Infotainment or not? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Are you using the 'mii connect' app or 'myaudi' ? I have both and myaudi allows amazon music and napster. MII connect enables internet radio and amazon music. I don't think I've seen spotify and apple music only works if you have the apple carplay enabled.

0 0 0

3. Re: Infotainment or not? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for your reply however I do not know what mii or myaudi are. I just hit media button and on very few occasions I get my internet radio from my phone to play over the car speakers. Also I do not have apple CarPlay as much as I would like it. Is it available as a retro fit?
    Thanks again

0 0 0

4. Re: Infotainment or not? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi. Do you have Tech pack ? If so you can load music to SD cards and play from eigther SD slot or load music onto the HDD. If not tech pack then I would think a wired connection to the phone should work, just press Media and select the phone. You also say Nav. What is your issue... Good luck
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

5. Re: Infotainment or not? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I’ll check out the cable idea as I do not have tech pack or hdd. The nav thing is I find it useless. It tells me when I’m in traffic, but I want it to re route me or tell me in advance there’s traffic in front. Like Tom Tom does. Thanks for your input.

0 0 0

6. Re: Infotainment or not? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    What model MMI do you have? do you have the SD card slots? if so you can load music onto an sd card and use that, its how I did it on my SE and can also do it on my Allroad with tech pack. As for the SatNav on the base system, it will never reroute you and the RMC traffic update relies on info from radio stations about the traffic.
    As for the music side of things, check the settings within the Bluetooth connections on the car, you can adjust them to play music, connect the phone for handsfree etc. Its worth looking at and playing around with settings on your.
    2015 A6 Allroad 3.0TDi 218 CRTE - NEW
    2012 A6 Avant 3.0TDi Multitronic - OLD

0 0 0

7. Re: Infotainment or not? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Re sat Nav. Yes as said by kevterm you need tech pack as that has online Nav and is updated as needed.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

8. Re: Infotainment or not? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevTrem View Post
    What model MMI do you have? do you have the SD card slots? if so you can load music onto an sd card and use that, its how I did it on my SE and can also do it on my Allroad with tech pack. As for the SatNav on the base system, it will never reroute you and the RMC traffic update relies on info from radio stations about the traffic.
    As for the music side of things, check the settings within the Bluetooth connections on the car, you can adjust them to play music, connect the phone for handsfree etc. Its worth looking at and playing around with settings on your.
    The SD CArd sat nav does do dynamic routing (you need to turn it on in the Navigation Settings menu) but because it relies on TMC data (which uses the data from the old TrafficMaster sensors and cameras) it is only covering the major roads and therefore it is of limited use and not nearly as good as you would get with an Internet connected system.

0 0 0

9. Re: Infotainment or not? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Not tech pack, but have not problems connecting my phone via bluetooth, but its Android, not iOS.
    Works eith calls, music on the phone, messenger, skype calls, spotify.

0 0 0