A little background.
The car developed a serious rattle which was obviously a broken timing chain tensioner.
Have removed engine and gearbox (quite a lot of work) and found the usual broken tensioner but timing still OK.
Most of the rest of the timing section looks fine, so probably against wise advice, am only going to replace worn or broken parts to save lots of money - the car is really only a powerful toy.
Can do this because have access to all the necessary tools, am a professional mechanic and have plenty of spare time (now largely retired) but not much money.
Have a few questions and would like some help please.

The timing chains are all quite tight except for the one which drives the oil pump etc and this seems to have quite a lot of slack even when the tensioner is mechanically pushed to try to take up the slack.
Is this slack to be expected please, will the hydraulics sort it out when running or will I need a new "curly " tensioner ?
The dual Mass clutch has a lot of play and clonks a bit and will probably need to be replaced.
The proper one is very expensive and at the risk of a loss of smoothness, will it be OK to fit a normal one. If I do fit a normal one, can I use the old dual mass flywheel (perhaps skimmed)?
The alternator bearings are a bit rumbly and I intend to change them and fit new brushes.
I could not believe that you have to lift the engine quite a long way to remove the alternator - what would a garage charge to do that simple job, luckily we have the engine out already ?
Thanks for your attention.
Matty