1. Estate Boot Not Locking, plus Rear Wiper and Wash not functioning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, On returning home and removing items from boot on Passat Estate 59 plate, the latch no longer catches. There is no noise from motor when pressing remote. On investigating further, the rear wiper and associated wash do not work either. On using search engines there seem to be a number of similar issues posted but I can not find one that mentioned both occurring at the same time. Any pointers to what to investigate, or previously posted resolutions would be much appreciated. To me, as a complete novice, it would point to electrics but I do not know where to start. Thank you in advance,

Taken off rear panel and no sign of water from wiper. I'm wondering if there is a connector some where that has pulled apart which is why wiper and lock not working simultaneously
    Last edited by mcole; 30-09-2018 at 03:30 PM.

0 0 0

2. Re: Estate Boot Not Locking, plus Rear Wiper and Wash not functioning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    The rear wiper motor washer jet connection leaks washer water onto the lock unit and this water contains a lot of salt. The lock unit has an electrical connection and it does not like slat water.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Estate Boot Not Locking, plus Rear Wiper and Wash not functioning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Crasher, yes I've read the various posts concerning water damage on the lock but I'm curious that on removing the rear panel I can't see any sign of water around the lock plus is the wiper not functioning a coincidence? I need to check to see if power is getting to them both, how do I do that?

0 0 0

4. Re: Estate Boot Not Locking, plus Rear Wiper and Wash not functioning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    It is a complex system, check the wires in the conduit, I think they are all in the left conduit tube.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Estate Boot Not Locking, plus Rear Wiper and Wash not functioning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Mcole,

I'm suffering from exactly the same problem from my 59 plate passat estate. Rear latch, washer and wiper no longer work but there is no signs of any water leakage. Did you resolve this?

Thanks

0 0 0

6. Re: Estate Boot Not Locking, plus Rear Wiper and Wash not functioning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Does your front screen wash work? 12v? Heated seats? I had a similar problem recently and it was the relay.

0 0 0

7. Re: Estate Boot Not Locking, plus Rear Wiper and Wash not functioning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I am experiencing the same problem. I have an 06 1.9 passat estate and yesterday I opened the tailgate, removed some stuff and when I went to close it, it just bounced. The latch isn't operating, and nor is the rear wash/wipe. I have removed the panel and have got power to both the latch and wiper but still nothing seems to work. I am not great with electrics so any advice would be appreciated

0 0 0

8. Re: Estate Boot Not Locking, plus Rear Wiper and Wash not functioning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    The catch has failed, a common 3C problem; from memory I think it has been revised five times and the current part number is 1K6 827 505 F 9B9, they cost £71.68 from a VW main dealer. A common cause of failure is water dripping from a faulty rear wiper motor and when they leak, they stop working so there is an obvious connection there ALTHOUGH for some bizarre reason VW decided to prevent the rear wiper working when the tailgate is open (I have no idea why apart from because they just could) so if the Body Control Module sees the lid is open, it will prevent the wiper working.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Estate Boot Not Locking, plus Rear Wiper and Wash not functioning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thankyou for that, it narrows it down considerably. There is no sign of leakage from the washer hose but you have answered the question of the wiper failure. I will get another latch and hopefully that will sort it. Again, many thanks

0 0 0

10. Re: Estate Boot Not Locking, plus Rear Wiper and Wash not functioning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's great thankyou. It explains the wiper failure. I will replace the catch and hopefully that will solve the problem. Not having much luck with this car as in the last two months I have replaced the steering rack, and had to rebuild the turbo, which I am still trying to set up correctly, and now the tailgate. I really hope that this is the end of it!! Again thankyou for your imput.

0 0 0