1. Re: help with heater blower please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Before digging in looking for relays I'd suggest you check the fuses. Looking at the link above, fuses SC1 & SC38 power the blower and SC40 powers the washer pump.

The info in the link says fusebox 'C' is on the left of the dash. The info in the manuals usually relates to LHD models, so fusebox 'C' will be on the right hand side of the dash on your car and the fusebox will be a mirror image of the diagram.

BTW, a common problem with the Passat washer pump is the wiring under the OS headlamp breaks (usually a green/white wire if I remember right). I've repaired quite a few of them over the years.

0 0 0

2. Re: help with heater blower please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    thank you for the reply, i should of said i did check every fuse i could find including the ones in the end of the dashboard. they are all fine.
    the washers were working but stopped working at exactly the same time the heater fan stopped.

0 0 0

3. Re: help with heater blower please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    How did you check the fuses? Did you remove them and visually inspect them or did you check them using a voltmeter?

You really should check fuses using a voltmeter or even a test light. Not only does that tell you whether the fuse is blown or not but it also tells you whether there is voltage being supplied to the fuse. Obviously, with no voltage being supplied to the fuse the circuit isn't going to work, regardless of whether the fuse is blown or not.

0 0 0

4. Re: help with heater blower please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    does anyone know which relay it is for the heater fan and the washer pump ???

0 0 0

5. Re: help with heater blower please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    I think the "X-contact relief" relay will be the one that's common to both those circuits. I'm sure it supplies power to the fuses which is why I suggested checking the voltage.

0 0 0

6. Re: help with heater blower please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    yes i think you are correct, that is also what crasher says in a few other threads i have read, but does anyone know where it is on my 2011 b7 passat 1.6tdi ? i have messaged crasher directly and im waiting for him to reply.

0 0 0

7. Re: help with heater blower please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    i did previously mention that i had checked the voltage and with the fan in all 4 positions i was only getting 1.7v

0 0 0

8. Re: help with heater blower please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    i phoned vw up and asked them about the x contact relief relay and they said they had never heard of one ! im getting nowhere fast with this.

0 0 0

9. Re: help with heater blower please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Sorry for the delay, I have been upto my neck in work with people off on holiday. I have your VIN so I will try and do this tomorrow as my home access on an iPad does not allow me to use my work systems. There are X relays listed on the VW parts systems but the parts chaps are more used to SDC codes such as J645 which is one of the X relays.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: help with heater blower please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    thanks very much crasher, there are some relays under the steering wheel area where there are 3 pairs of the same relay so i have swapped them all over with their matching pair but nothing has changed.
    the only other relay i can find in the whole car is 1 in the fuse box next to the battery.
    there must be more but i cant find them anywhere and cant find much information at all about relay locations on the b7 passat online, even lookers vw in darlington couldnt tell me where they were.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast