Hi All,

I have a 2007 A4 cab 2.0t.

Ever since we had it there has been a strange intermittent steering issue. When on full lock sometimes (usually when cold) usually while doing a 3 point turn the steering wheel appears to get stuck intermittently. When it happens it feels as if the power steering switches off so it becomes mega heavy. I can release it by either putting some effort to turn the wheel then it jumps back into action or reversing the car. In addition to this sometimes when you spin the wheel quickly there is some vibration coming back through the wheel. Both of these symptoms is intermittent and happens every now and again but there is no consistency.
Its servotronic so i replaced the 640 module as thought it could of been it but no difference. I also removed the servotronic module and drove without the extra assist when under 20mph and the same problem still occurs intermittently.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I read of a TSB on the B8 which had similar symptoms which was fixed by Audi upgrading the design of one of the power steering hoses.

It drives beautifully other than this and it spoils what is otherwise a lovely car to drive. General mechanic I took the car to recently couldn't find anything and wasn't really interested.

Thanks guys,

Alex

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk