Notices

User Tag List

Thread: 97 Polo 16v (AFH) ECU reference?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Re: 97 Polo 16v (AFH) ECU reference? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi Crasher
    Yes the rpm´s increase ,the internet/forums says its 6 degrees..?
    Yes the timing light is adjustable...

PS: (Can you please clarify) ,i can see that the 0 mark on the flywheel stays a bit behind of middle of the isnpection hole, as i said before(previous post) the crank belt pulley stays a thooth behind with the cams aligned is this a big issue? is possible to get them perfect?

Thank you

0 0 0

2. Re: 97 Polo 16v (AFH) ECU reference? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Yes it is 6 degrees BTDC at 1100>1500 rpm. The manual only shows how to do it with an inductive timing unit but if you can see a zero mark on the flywheel there may also be another mark about 12mm before this which would be 6 degrees. There will also be two raised lugs, one before the marks and one after, and these are the inductive timing senor. Dial in 6 degrees on the light and set the mark at zero on the flywheel, winding the light back to zero should then show the 6 degree mark on the crank as a cross check but some timing lights, such as my Snap On, become unstable when showing 0 degrees so you always dial in advance, except on an EG engine but that's another story... You could do it on the front pulley using the zero mark there but it is not as accurate due to bolt hole lash and if I remember correctly the engine mount makes it impossible to see.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: 97 Polo 16v (AFH) ECU reference? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hey
    Today i dialed the T.gun to 6 degrees and leaved the big hole mark at the crank in the middle of the box inspection window... before i start the basic settings the car had this codes:

Endereço 01: Motor Etiquetas: Nenhum/a
    N° de Peça: 030 906 030 D
    Componente: MARELLI 1AV 2151

17978 - Unidade de comando do motor bloqueada
    P1570 - 35-10 - - Esporádico/a/s
    Never had it before...

I erased it and then perform the adjustment.
    The car now idles at 900rpm, but the rpms still fluctuates from now and the and when coming to a stop it cuts sometimes (not sure the cut out is related to the IMMO faut codes?)
    It has a intermitent cough or miss at 1200 t0 2000rpm but the car feels under powered takes more throttle to the revs to climb and does it slowly
    But we have made progress it drives much better and the high idle on star up the came after the ecu reset via VCDS is now gone!...

Any thoughts? Cheers
    Last edited by B600power; 22-11-2018 at 09:41 PM.

0 0 0

4. Re: 97 Polo 16v (AFH) ECU reference? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Can the lack of power be a plugged KAT or exhaust?

0 0 0

5. Re: 97 Polo 16v (AFH) ECU reference? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    17978 (P1570) - Engine Start Blocked by Immobiliser

Ignore and clear it, they do that. It is only a problem if the car will not start.

A blocked cat is possible but very rare although the way it has been running could have damaged it.

Now you need to reset the throttle body. Firstly, make sure it is perfectly clean and get the engine hot.

Then with the ignition on, go into Basic Settings 001 and you will here the throttle body moving its motor, watch the Binary display in zone 4 and this should show 00000000, if a 1 is shown in bit 4. 6 or seven, then there is a problem. A typical fault would be 00001000 which would mean the throttle cable is too tight, the cable MUST have slack in it at the throttle lever or 00000001 would mean the engine is too cold.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: 97 Polo 16v (AFH) ECU reference? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi Crasher
    Performed a TBA bin bits all at 0 (cleaned TBI /Slacken the cable) but still the same: [QUOTE] idles at 900rpm, but the rpms still fluctuates from now and the and when coming to a stop it cuts sometimes
    It has a intermitent cough or miss at 1200 t0 2000rpm but the car feels under powered takes more throttle to the revs to climb and does it slowly.

Looking online for info on what you suggest found a page that says: Observe -8 digit number block- in display zone 4 :
    (The right-hand 4 digits are of no consequence)
    • 4th position from left with closed throttle valve must display 0
      Display: 00000000

• Slowly open throttle valve. After free travel, a stop is reached when opening throttle valve further the 4th position from left must jump to 1
      Display: 00010000

When i depress the throttle just a bit (engine off) i get this Display: 00010000 if i depress it just by 1mm more i get 00010100 and stays like all the way to full throttle...
    is this 00010100 a fault? Or since they say (The right-hand 4 digits are of no consequence) is not a fault?

Any suggestions on what to do next are welkome, Cheers

0 0 0

7. Re: 97 Polo 16v (AFH) ECU reference? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi [Crasher] i havent been on top of this because i had a gearbox failure im now using a 97 1.0 gearbox also sounds like its not gonna last long...

Anyway, i used a multimiter to check the voltage at the Map Sensor plug , pin:1 shows hearth, (and 1.5 ohms, with ignition off) pin2: has 5v, 3:has 5v but pin4 shows 01v ,isnt pin 4 the signal for the map and should be showing 4.5v or 5v..?

Thanks

0 0 0

8. Re: 97 Polo 16v (AFH) ECU reference? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    6N gearboxes were a joke, the one on the car we bought new sounded like it had done 100K miles. The 6N2 GTI was notorious, they used to destroy their boxes all the time. Pin 1 of the senor is an earth provided by the ECU and common to other devices, pin 2 is air temperature out, pin 3 is......

hang on I just have to take the box out of a 97 6N1 Polo... no really, I do........OK, box out now waiting for parts as Euro Car Parts are utterly incompetent

......the 5 v signal line from the ECU and 4 pin is the signal return to the ECU and the voltage varies according to load.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: 97 Polo 16v (AFH) ECU reference? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    yeah i heard this boxes are weak and break all the time, such a shame...

Today i back probe pin4 with the multimiter conector plugged to the map and i do get 3.98V ambiente pressure engine off...
    Engine on idle 1.02V good vacum ,but on aceleration to WOT the voltage does not rise, decel under 1V goond compression...

Do i got this right?
    And this mean i háve a plugged KAT or Exhaust?

Cheers

0 0 0

10. Re: 97 Polo 16v (AFH) ECU reference? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Run it cat off, noisey.....

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast