Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi guys

So i tried unlocking the car today using the fob and it would not unlocked? no flash or beep. :???:

The boot unlock and lock buttons work on the fob but nothing for unlock? does anyone have any suggestions on how I can access the car?

I cannot see a way to get the seats down from the boot so i'm kind of stuck?

0 0 0

2. Re: car will not unlock? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hello mate

What car are you trying to unlock??

There is usually a little cover over the key barrel on the passenger front door. Just beside the handle.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: car will not unlock? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Its an 08 passat b6

I will give that a try later on, any possible reasons why it may be doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by MUNK19 View Post
    Hello mate

What car are you trying to unlock??

There is usually a little cover over the key barrel on the passenger front door. Just beside the handle.

Hope this helps

0 0 0

4. Re: car will not unlock? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hello mate

To remove the cover over the barrel u can use the spare key in the main fob or a little flat screw driver.

Is it possible the battery is dead in the remote. I would start by changing that. Did u drive the car recently??

you will need to get the car scanned and see if there are any possible error code in the system.

MUNK19

0 0 0

5. Re: car will not unlock? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    will try this after work and report back

going to also try spare fob later, been using the car daily and no car battery issues, its odd how lock and boot unlock buttons work though

Hello mate

To remove the cover over the barrel u can use the spare key in the main fob or a little flat screw driver.

Is it possible the battery is dead in the remote. I would start by changing that. Did u drive the car recently??

you will need to get the car scanned and see if there are any possible error code in the system.

MUNK19

0 0 0

6. Re: car will not unlock? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hello nizzex

That is why I am suggesting you get the car scanned. If you have vcds, scan the car and post the scan here. If you don’t vcds.

There is a list of people on here that does have and you might find someone that is near or not far from you.

I am on the list aswell and live in Nottingham.

0 0 0

7. Re: car will not unlock? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    *update/solved*

So I tried the valet key approach, weirdly did not work for me, but may have been my cold wet hands not turning the key enough

But anyway I decided to try the spare key which worked, so it must of been the unlock button on the fob

Decided to take it apart and inspect it (was a ball ache), the small rubber which it’s supposed to sit below the button did not exist? So the button when pressed did not touch the switch below it on the board.

Cut a piece of rubber from a non slip pad and glued it the area it should sit, put it all back togeather and now works nicely and clicks when pressed as it should. Very odd but now it works anyway, thought I’d share it with you guys

note: the screw driver attempt to separate the case to buttom cover is plastic bonded, when released you cannot see the screw driver open attempts

0 1 0

8. Re: car will not unlock? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hello Nizzex
    My idea was not to use the screw driver to separate the key fob. It was to remove the cover for the lock on the front Passenger door.

Then you would be able to use the spare key that is included in the fob to open the door to get access to the car.

You don’t need anything to separate the main fob. You just need to remove the Crome top half by sliding it across and pull the body apart. All of this can be done by hand.

0 0 0

9. Re: car will not unlock? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    #1 I don’t think you read what I put properly, already tried the valet key approach trying the key directly in the lock!

#2 The method you are suggesting is for battery only! The white casing and bottom casing seating the buttons has to be prised open, it’s well documented online

Hello Nizzex
    My idea was not to use the screw driver to separate the key fob. It was to remove the cover for the lock on the front Passenger door.

Then you would be able to use the spare key that is included in the fob to open the door to get access to the car.

You don’t need anything to separate the main fob. You just need to remove the Crome top half by sliding it across and pull the body apart. All of this can be done by hand.

0 0 0

10. Re: car will not unlock? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Absolutely identical issue for me today! (2006 B6 2.0 TDi)
    Have been driving the car for almost 2 years now. Didn't come with 2 keys. Only have the one

The only way I found to get me working today was the following sequence

When the car is locked, press the boot unlock button
    Now insert the key blade into the drivers door and turn clockwise and the door opens
    Shut your boot first, and then hop in and drive away!

Could not understand how this happened, tried changing battery in the fob, still the same, tried the blade in the door, but wouldn't open, but as soon as you unlock the boot, the door opens.

Anyway, after finding your post, I opened the key, and messed about with it, and sure enough, the button was not being pressed down enough to operate the unlock
    Kept pressing it down hard and suddenly it started working again and is still fine so far, but I'll probably have to open the guts fully and take out the board and put something over the microswitch if it happens again

0 0 0