1. BSY Engine (Passat) issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, new to the forum and asking for help/advice as I've not had any response from the Mitsubishi Forum. Ho hum.

I have an 07 Mitsubishi Outlander with the 2.0 VW DI-D engine, code BSY, which I believe is also used in Passats of this time, so hoping for some advice here. The car is now at 106k miles. I bought the car privately and trying to address an issue with low speed jerkiness/holding back particularly in the range 1500-2500 rpm. There's also quite a noticeable shake from the engine when at idle, once warm. This seems to come and go at idle.

Work so far to address this:

Removed and cleaned the EGR body and Throttle body - they were filthy. Thought this might do it but no difference
    Replaced air filter
    Removed and sprayed the MAF sensor with contact cleaner (didn't remove it from its housing though, sparayed through the grill on the housing)

Today, the air box hose to the throttle body came off whilst I was driving. I reattached it and checked at VW dealer that I'd secured correctly with the clip, they confirmed it was, so not sure why that happened.

Next stops, based on what I've been reading:

Replace fuel filter
    Remove MAF sensor, reclean and/or replace sensor
    Replace MAP sensor
    Clean Turbo- vanes sticking?

A VW indie test drove it and said it may need a new engine mount (which may be the source of the vibration at idle?) but thought the clutch was fine.

Welcome any thoughts. I had the car into a Mitsubishi dealer for an overdue recall item (windscreen wiper motor) and asked them to look at this. All they offered was a 'big service' at over £600 which would cover filters and the belt. But that was changed 50k miles back.

I'd rather try and fix this myself than stab about replacing parts through the main dealer and would appreciate any advice from you guys. Thanks all.

0 0 0

2. Re: BSY Engine (Passat) issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Had the engine code read?

0 0 0

3. Re: BSY Engine (Passat) issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    You certainly need to change the fuel filter as a low cost start.
    Then you need to find someone locally with VCDS ( assuming this will work on a Mitsu ) or you will end up spending loads.

Common problems are wiring loom to the injectors ( runs through the heat & oil of the head & get brittle over time ) being intermittent.
    Sticking turbo vanes.
    Air leak around swirl flap actuator ( if that engine has them ).
    MAP sensor giving wrong output.
    MAF sensor giving wrong output.
    Air leaks in the pipework between turbo & inlet, although as yours managed to blow off the air pipe that is probably not likely.

VCDS, even if there are no fault codes, should be able to point you in the right direction.

0 0 0

4. Re: BSY Engine (Passat) issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Evening doorstep,
    Did you ever find the fault with your Mitsubishi?
    I have the exact same problem, so far 4 new injectors, wiring loom, MAF sensor, glow plugs, faults gone from injector 4 to injector 3, misfiring like hell and just got no ideas?

Any help would be massively appreciated

0 0 0