1. Remote not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    hi can anybody help me with this issue....
    i have a 2003 Audi A4 convertible and the remote stopped working last week so changed battery and would not unlock the car it can be unlocked with the key but must be started quickly as the hazards start to flash my spare key has also stopped working as well so have replaced both remotes with good battery’s showing 3.3 volts tested but neither are still not working
    have tried the turn ignition on and press unlock but still nothing..........
    CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM THANKS.

0 0 0

2. Re: Remote not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi Cassa

Look in your user manual which will tell you how to re programme both keys it is a simple process by just following the steps in the user manual.

hope this helps

Regards

Matt

0 0 0

3. Re: Remote not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Turn ignition on without starting. Turn ignition off. Remove key and press unlock on key. That should synch it.

0 0 0

4. Re: Remote not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I don't think what others have advised is correct for the B6 A4

I don't recall seeing anything in the handbook regarding coding the keys

I think the key in the ingnition, on/off thing only works with the B7, or it works on the first key for a B6, but there was something funny when coding the second key.

I seem to recall with my car, having to code the first key via the ignition, but the second one, I seem to recall having the key in the ignition, possibly in position 1, then to code the second key, I had to get out the car, and put it into the drivers door lock and lock/unlock the car. Might have been some button pressing at the same time. But somehow this worked. More recently I have issues with range of the keys, but that is one for a new topic!

0 0 0

5. Re: Remote not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Works perfectly on mine. Mine loses synch every now and then and it did so again yesterday. Matched it again as detailed above.

0 0 0

6. Re: Remote not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Check my post just now about key fobs....

0 0 0