1. Water on fron passenger foot well - 2002 Audi Allroad 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Getting small water leak into front passenger footwell - when it rains. It is not coming from blocked plenum chamber (base has mosquito netting over it to keep drain bungs clear). Nor is it coming from leaky pollen filter (had this problem years ago and Audi replaced the whole pollen housing) - aircon has been on all summer when down in France and foot well was bone dry, also get a healthy pee out the bottom from the condenser when parked!
    However, the scuttle panel trim/water deflector (in front of the bottom of the windscreen and into which the plenum chamber cover fits) is loose at the passenger side. Cannot get it to push-clip into place. It is solid at the drivers side. Windscreen was replaced a few years ago and I am wondering if this side was not seated properly.
    So, before I go removing the windscreen wipers to remove and reseat (with sealant ???), I wonder if any forum member has had this issue? Is this deflector cosmetic or does it have to be properly seated to prevent such a leak?

0 0 0

2. Re: Water on fron passenger foot well - 2002 Audi Allroad 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had this same problem after having a replacement windscreen fitted. The metal channel at the bottom of the windscreen was corroded and badly re-fitted to the new screen. Which meant the tongue on the bottom of the plastic scuttle wouldn't clip into place. Driving back in the rain the carpet was soaked. I ended up lifting up the carpet and left the Comfort Control Module on top of the carpet.

Unfortunately the metal channel has been discontinued. The windscreen fitter guy said the T4 was identical. With a little massaging it fitted perfectly the 2nd time i went round. The only problem is you'll need to remove the windscreen to fit it. They used some special superglue which bonded the channel to the bottom edge of the windscreen. If they've done it properly there are 4 little plastic spacers to keep the windscreen in the right position.

If you look at the way it has been designed the water drips off the plastic scuttle and is ducted away by the metal duct. It all just works. If you cheat and glue it all together you'll need to cut the plastic scuttle off to remove the battery or replace the wiper motor and or linkage.

Hope you get it sorted.

0 0 0

3. Re: Water on fron passenger foot well - 2002 Audi Allroad 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Many thanks for the info. I noticed the passenger side securing clip was missing. As the drivers side was a good tight fit, I removed the centre clip and managed to reseat the middle and passenger side and secured with new clips. Hopefully that will do the trick - tight fitting all over now. If I still get a leak it, the scuttle will be removed and any gaps filled with sealant! Fingers crossed.

0 0 0

4. Re: Water on fron passenger foot well - 2002 Audi Allroad 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Are you sure it's not the rear washer pipe snap joint that has parted?

If it has it will pump water into the passenger footwell every time you use the rear wash/wipe stalk and eventually fill up your convenience module with water and destroy it. The module is under the carpet in a box near the front of the passenger seat,

The snap joint is located deep behind the wiring connections behind the passenger footwell side/kick trim - black plastic pipe.
    2003 A6 C5 2.5 TDI Quattro Avant (180bhp)

0 0 0

5. Re: Water on fron passenger foot well - 2002 Audi Allroad 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Good thought Stavros! If it is rain water getting in it must be via the pollen filter holder cracked or come loose - but I don't think so (will check this also).
    The rear wiper WASH is seldom used - the water in the foot well is very light so it could be the snap joint. Would it also be leaking if the windscreen wash was on (thinking maybe enough pressure in the piping to cause the snap joint to leak also)???

0 0 0

6. Re: Water on fron passenger foot well - 2002 Audi Allroad 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure the pipe that leaks into the passenger footwell is the feed pipe for the tailgate/rear wiper only, I didn't get any problems with water when using the front windscreen wash/wipe iirc.
    2003 A6 C5 2.5 TDI Quattro Avant (180bhp)

0 0 0

7. Re: Water on fron passenger foot well - 2002 Audi Allroad 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info but it is definitely a rain leak. I can see the drips coming from the bottom of the pollen filter holder down onto the carpet - coming from the insulation (reached by hand from inside the car and is wet) below the pollen filter holder . I watched a utube video where the chap was saying it would leak water if the water deflector was not secured (ie clipped) properly to the windscreen. I have tried to secure my water deflector but it is still loose to the windscreen and there is a gap at the passenger side. I suspect the clips are broken (??) and needs a new water deflector. I am now going to fill the gap with clear bathroom mastic to see if it solves the problem. If not I can always remove the mastic and the water deflector to see what the actual problem is.
    Could not believe the design - the rainwater gets deflected onto the top of the plenum chamber cover and then runs thru the grills on the cover, around the bottom of the battery and then out thru the drain holes! No wonder these drain holes have to be kept clear - holey mo!

0 0 0

8. Re: Water on fron passenger foot well - 2002 Audi Allroad 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Used masking tape on water deflector and windscreen to leave a channel which I filled with clear bathroom sealant full length of windscreen. Car has been in heavy rain and has been washed - footwell bone dry! Cheap and easy fix.

0 0 0