1. windows jammed in up position 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Hi all. I'm having a problem with my 2002 Passat AWX 1.9 TDI estate. Car has been standing for 2 years and had the typical and various 3B6 water ingress problem (now solved) that caused a lot of mould to form in the car. I'm getting the car ready for the dreaded MOT and have found that all 4 windows are jammed in the up position. When you press the drivers door buttons or else the rear window buttons you can hear a very faint click of a relay around the area of the door. The two fuses serving the windows have 12v at one end of each fuse holder. I'm getting numerous fault codes in VCDS that certainly were not there before the laying up of the car 2 years ago so could this be an earthing issue?. If so, can somebody tell me where the earth is located for the central convenience module?. here are the fault codes:
    01134 alarm horn
    01330 central control for central convenience
    01331 door control module
    00932 electric window motor
    01332 door control module
    01359 internal central locking switch
    00933 electric window motor passenger side
    00929 locking module central locking
    01333 door control module rear left
    00934 electric window motor rear left
    00930 rear left central locking module implausible intermittent
    01334 door control module rear right
    00935 electric window motor right rear.

Phew!. Hope somebody can help.

0 0 0

2. Re: windows jammed in up position 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Corroded multi point power feed in the passengers footwell

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: windows jammed in up position 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Brilliant! Crasher. I will get on the case straightaway. That totally figures as the front passenger footwell was comprehensively soaked for quite a time until I got to grips with the door sealing rope.

0 0 0

4. Re: windows jammed in up position 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Along this length of the loom there are several 'multi-points' where a number of wires are co-joined together and encased in a flexible clear tube and sealed with what looks like a 'hot melt' type of glue. I've cut one of these out to have a really close look at the wires and there is no sign of corrosion or high resistance condition (melted insulation) whatsoever. The other 'multi-points' within a few inches of this are the same - with the copper ends showing no sign of corrosion. Everything has had a few days to dry out and I've pulled several plugs to look for corrosion but without finding any I'm at a loss to know where to look next. The comfort unit had some moisture within the box but again no sign of corrosion when i pulled the plugs to look at the ends. Any more thoughts..?

0 0 0

5. Re: windows jammed in up position 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The "welded connection" as VW call it that causes the problem is the red/black which is about ten wires joined together as in the picture (which is a Superb but it is the same system) and the wire from 20 of the 23 pin connector must have power coming out of the convenience module. Check fuse 38 in the right side of the dash is good and has a permanent battery feed and check the feed from fuse 38 at the A pillar connection point on the blue plug at pin 8 which goes in as a red/yellow and comes out as a red/blue. Check fuse 11, 44 and 58 and check they have permanent power and then check this power at pins 12 and 13 of the 15 pin plug at the convenience unit.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: windows jammed in up position 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    After checking the fuses and all the connection points and getting voltages and continuity in all the right places I sort of 'gave up' and just twiddled the various rocker switches for about a minute or so just rocking them too and fro and then suddenly one of the the rear windows went down. With a bit of WD40 sprayed along the base of the glass, the other rear window followed suit shortly after. After more spraying of WD40 one of the front windows obliged though on the drivers side the motor could be heard to 'lock out' until I spayed copious amounts of the stuff around the edge of the window. After another 2 days the drivers side window finally succumbed to its seizure with a bit of gentle persuasion using the base of my hand pushing down hard on the glass surface while operating the rocker switch. Without Crasher's valuable input I would not have known where to start. Many many thanks.

1 1 0