1. Dual Mass Flywheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have just changed the clutch on my 2000 A6 2.8 Quattro and decided to change the flywheel as the old one appeared to have more play than I would have expected. When the new one arrived it also had play in it, so i concluded that this was normal and fitted it anyway on the basis that it was a good investment having taken gbox etc out. Now having got it all back together I am suprised to find more transmission shunt than I had before - and as I cannot find any loose mountings that I might have missed I am beginning to wonder if the flywheel is at fault!?

On both the ones I have played with (i.e the old one coming out and the new one going in) there was an element of play between the two masses - or in other words you could turn the clutch mass 3-4mm at the outside rim whilst the engine mass stayed constant. It strikes me that this could cause shunt in the transmission particularly on overun for example as the slack is taken from on extreme to another when the engine comes of the power and effectively becomes a brake.

Any thoughts?
    AndyH

0 0 0

2. Re: Dual Mass Flywheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry I can't help you but I am interested in how you did the change of clutch etc? i.e. how you got on with it, did you use a manual? etc

Thanks

0 0 0

3. Re: Dual Mass Flywheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It is not an overly complicated job (if you have a spanner brain!) but there is a fair bit to do and a lot of it is very fiddly. I read the Audi workshop manual before I started so that I had an idea of what was what.

Having said that I have access to a full workshop, a 2 post lift and hydraulic gearbox stands and on reflection I would not have really wanted to do it in the garage with just axle stands!

Whole job took me a week on and off - but I expect it was 8 - 10 productive hours and I imagine it would take me less if I did it again - which given the first post I might well be doing!
    AndyH

0 0 0

4. Re: Dual Mass Flywheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There is a chance that you can put it back to the old solid type on some

0 0 0

5. Re: Dual Mass Flywheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can I ask, where did you get the manual from?

0 0 0

6. Re: Dual Mass Flywheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi i don't get what you er look for sorry

0 0 0

7. Re: Dual Mass Flywheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall76 View Post
    Can I ask, where did you get the manual from?
    Bentley publishing in the US, but also got a copy of Elsawin (complete manual all vag cars) from ebay
    AndyH

0 0 0

8. Re: Dual Mass Flywheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    GOOGLE SEARCH for the manual.. ..some on ebay. cd format for ya p.c

http://motors.listings.ebay.co.uk/Au...istingItemList