Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Audi A6 C7 2014 (64) 3.0 TDI BiTurbo - Headlight Range Control + other stuff..

1. Question Audi A6 C7 2014 (64) 3.0 TDI BiTurbo - Headlight Range Control + other stuff.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello, this is my first post here and apologise if I don't provide much information but I am looking for general advice and how much I should look to pay for services and discs + pads etc.

So I bought my car in Nov 2017 and the car is something special! I bought it direct from Audi and also paid for 2 years extended warranty on top of the 1 year warranty they provide with their approved used cars.

Within the last two weeks the car became due for service so I booked it in for a major service @ £410. The car also had a couple of faults:

1. Headlight range control issue - appeared and remained every time I start the car.
    2. The parking brake would become faulty which would mean I would need to turn the car off and then on again and it would be okay - annoying.

Today is has been serviced and the Audi guys come back with this:

• Other (will need to remove front bumper and check wires for headlamp fault.wire defect not coverd under extended warranty.) £290
    • Discs Rear Worn , WEAR LIMIT IS 20MM , MEASURE AT 21.22MM , 1.22MM ABOVE LIMIT , Advise replacement) £511.48
    • Discs Front Worn Discs Front Worn WEAR LIMIT IS 32MM , MEASURE AT 32.67MM , LESS THAN 1MM ABOVE LIMIT , ADVISE) £798.73

I asked why I was being charged for the headlight issue and they said it may be a wiring issue and that if it is then they will charge for this otherwise they will cover the cost. This same issue happened already about 9 months ago and this same Audi garage fixed it by replacing some part and now its happened again and they're stating it to be a wire issue and not covered by warranty? Is something funny happening here? I have only had the car less than a year from them and no accidents or damage to car at all so are they trying to milk £ from me?

They have covered the repair of the parking break though.

And the prices for break discs seemed really expensive so I got in touch with an independent garage and they offered to do it for £511 for both front and back including labour using non-Audi parts but highly recommended alternatives - can't remember what brand they were though, does this seem correct?

I am also thinking maybe I am not interested in owning expensive cars anymore and might decide to sell it and settle for a cheaper car that is reliable and a lot more cheaper to maintain. I might be too new to post in the classifieds but if there is interest then I can start looking into it.

Any and all help would be appreciated!

Thank you

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A6 C7 2014 (64) 3.0 TDI BiTurbo - Headlight Range Control + other stuff.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Surely wiring and components like headlights I would expect to be covered as it’s not wear and tear item.
    I would look at the t&c of your warranty and check. If it’s approved used Audi then it should be close to a factory warranty which would cover wiring.

For the brakes I would recommend getting trw as all the bits like shims and sensors are normally included. I bought all my discs and pads all round for about £260 and my mate fitted them for beer tokens.

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A6 C7 2014 (64) 3.0 TDI BiTurbo - Headlight Range Control + other stuff.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Pagid is what I fit & OEM , but I go to EuroCarParts & fit them myself

You need a code reader to rewind the electronic handbrake and garages have to pass on the cost of such equipment

I would just go to Audi for your Full service history & keep the warranty going, but go elsewhere for your brakes

if you have any doubt about your warranty covering the lights, contact Audi UK & query them if your warranty covers the lights
    VW POLO 2002 1.2 12v , Audi A6 2006 2.0 TDi SE , Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDi

All 3 cars in the current fleet

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A6 C7 2014 (64) 3.0 TDI BiTurbo - Headlight Range Control + other stuff.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you for the advice, checked the warranty and wiring is not covered. I highly doubt that wiring would be the issue though, right? I mean what are the chances that wiring would be damaged unless there was a sudden impact?

I am looking to buy the parts myself then from Euro Car Parts... just need to know which parts to order and ask the independent garage if they're okay with that.

Having looked on the Euro Car Parts website I priced up the most expensive Pagid discs and it came to £195 for discs only and £365 including pads.. which ain't too bad considering £1200+ for what Audi want to charge. Might be a bit cheaper as I selected the most expensive parts on the list.

Thanks

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A6 C7 2014 (64) 3.0 TDI BiTurbo - Headlight Range Control + other stuff.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Look for the pr numbers In your service book
    Will look some like 1LL for front brakes and 2EA for rears.

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi A6 C7 2014 (64) 3.0 TDI BiTurbo - Headlight Range Control + other stuff.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Just wondering if the same issue has come up 9 months after it was "fixed" by the dealer? And if so is that previous work not guaranteed for a year?
    Get the brakes done by an Indy using OEM parts, no brainer.
    C7 A6 2.0 TDI S-Line, Quartz Grey, 20" Rotors, Park Assist, Bose, AMI, HUD, Night Vision, Heated Seats, Big Smile.

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi A6 C7 2014 (64) 3.0 TDI BiTurbo - Headlight Range Control + other stuff.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeTee View Post
    Just wondering if the same issue has come up 9 months after it was "fixed" by the dealer? And if so is that previous work not guaranteed for a year?
    Get the brakes done by an Indy using OEM parts, no brainer.
    Hi with ref to the work done 9 months ago, it's my understanding that parts are garenteed for 2 years unless w/t to item. Check what was done when it was fixed last time.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0