Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hello,

I am looking to upgrade my 17" alloy wheels on my Golk Mk5 GT Sport as they are looking very scruffy. I have come across some nice refurb Audi A3 wheels, but I am not sure if they will fit my car:

Wheel.jpg

Here is the spec:

Metal Type: Aluminium Number of Studs: 5
    Rim Width: 7.5J Rim Manufacturer: Audi
    Rim Diameter: 18 Rim Structure: One Piece
    Offset: 54

Cheers.

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf Mk5 Compatible Wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Any 5 stud should fit mate

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Golf Mk5 Compatible Wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Nice one mate,

The only thing I noticed between the Audi wheels and a set of genuine black Vancouver 18" VW alloys I'm also eyeing up is the offset . The former is 54 and the latter is 51.

Should I need to worry about arch rubbing due to them sticking out a bit further as I have had the car lowered?

0 0 0

4. Re: Golf Mk5 Compatible Wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Ahh I see, you may need a lower profile tyre depending on how much your cars been lowered. I think the GT tyres are something like 225 55 17 so you'd need at least a 215 45 18, try a Google search on advice on getting bigger wheels before you take the plunge.

0 0 0

5. Re: Golf Mk5 Compatible Wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah I've just looked and mine are 225 45, the car has only been lowered about 20-25mm. I was thinking I'd go for at least something like with a height of 40, then the overall diameter wouldn't be hugely different to what I have now. I've gone and took the plunge tho as I am desparate lol, and something similar sold quite quickly last time. I'll let you know how I get on with them as the next stage will be getting tyres fitted for them. Think they will look good as my car is white - also got all the gloss black badges to go with them if all goes well, which it should do (fingers crossed!).

0 0 0

6. Re: Golf Mk5 Compatible Wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Nice one mate, I'm sure you shouldn't have too much of a problem. Post some pic's up when it's done.

0 0 0

7. Re: Golf Mk5 Compatible Wheels 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm selling a set of Leon "Performance" alloys, with Nokian winter tyres (225/45/17) - £500.
    They came off the Mk3 Leon when I sold it and onto my daughters Mk5 GT Sport, so they'll fit yours. They're 7J 17 112 ET49, and here's a link to the photos
    Winter Wheels And Tyres by andrewgpain | Photobucket
    DSC_0345.jpgDSC_0336.jpgDSC_0338.jpg

0 0 0