1. Help buying a audi a6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Hi can somebody explain I am after a audi 6 pref 2015 to 2016.

1.I see some from the photos that the touch pad has 2 chrome strips making it to look like buttons only and not a touch pad is this the case?

2. is there a way to identify if it has the technology pack with the lane assist and adaptive cruise control as I have seen a video where it is selected from steering wheel controls but have then seen a photo with a button on the end of the indicator stalk?

Also does the technology pack come with advanced key. Keyless entry?
    Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Help buying a audi a6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    1. If there’s 2 silver strips then it’s not touch and not tech pack. Tech pack also has a colour display in between the dials.
    2. You need the tech pack advance for all those options but they can be spec’d separately as well so just because you have lane assist doesn’t mean you have tech pack.
    Acc is easy to spot as there is radars on the bumper.
    3. Keyless option was one option in its own right and came with the wavy foot boot sensor. On saloon it has electric motorised boot as well.

0 0 0

3. Re: Help buying a audi a6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi. Yes as said by A6S tech pack is the one to go for. It also has a larger main screen and DVD player. ACC and lane assist are options so if not advertised as having them you need to check with the seller. The Audi web site is a good place to look as the used section has options to look for fitted options in the search. Search the net for a brochure for the year you are looking for that will give you the info regarding extras and packages offered. It will be in PDF format.. Good hunting.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

4. Re: Help buying a audi a6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    This may assist your search. https://www.sinclairaudi.co.uk/pdfs/brochures/2016/q4/a6-s6-saloon-avant.pdf

0 0 0

5. Re: Help buying a audi a6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Thank you

will check the website,

think i may be going with a 3.0, has tech pack only thing the rear lights have the 2 lines in the middle with the square exhausts but the front do not where i have seen some front lights with the 2 lines matching the back - if i was to buy the front lights with the 2 lines is this a simple pug and play, reverse camera is a must to have or is the acoustic sensors ok?

Trying to find the correct shape, engine, with the options is hard with a budget lol.

0 0 0

6. Re: Help buying a audi a6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    sorry is there anywhere i can type a reg in and it gives me a list of the car build, or do i need chassis number?

0 0 0

7. Re: Help buying a audi a6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi Facelift ( retangular exhaust trim) have front DLRs that you mention, the SE (base) model has zenon headlights, S-line and Black have LED headlights with main beam assist. I have acoustic parking F/R and they are fine camera would be an extra like Tech Pack. Its not plug and play sort of car adding things needs, in most cases coding and wiring looms, and parts can be expensive . Facelift cars started in very late 2014-early 2015, have the rectangular exhausts, 4 zone climate control, 2L or 3L have no external difference except the 2L has an Ultra badge (190 bhp). If you look through the brochure on my earlier post it gives all the basic fitments for each variant and all the packs-extras that are available, you really need to decide what are "must haves" and what would be nice to have, and search from then, the more you want the harder it will be to find. I think you need to be looking at an S-line or Black, the SE is fairly basic compared to the other two, but still better spec than many large offerings from people like Ford - Vauxhall .

0 0 0

8. Re: Help buying a audi a6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Djbubbbbbz View Post
    Thank you

will check the website,

think i may be going with a 3.0, has tech pack only thing the rear lights have the 2 lines in the middle with the square exhausts but the front do not where i have seen some front lights with the 2 lines matching the back - if i was to buy the front lights with the 2 lines is this a simple pug and play, reverse camera is a must to have or is the acoustic sensors ok?

Trying to find the correct shape, engine, with the options is hard with a budget lol.
    All face lift cars have the same rear light unit (with the 2 lines you describe), facelift cars with LED headlights (standard on S-Line and Black Edition) have the "chasing" indicators those with Xenon have static indicators at the rear. As the front SE cars with Xenon (which is standard) have the DRL at the top of light. Cars with LED (normal and matrix) have the DRL in the centre of the light. If you want the LEDs at the front then you should look for an S-Line or Black Edition, if you buy an SE and upgrade the lights to LED you should also add the headlight washers which despite the cutouts being there were only included as standard with the LED lights.

0 0 0

9. Re: Help buying a audi a6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    I’ve had 3 A6 and not needed a camera. The parking sensors front and back with the mmi display,standard fit, is more than you need to park the car.
    Things to look out for in your search.
    Later cars,2016, came standard with electric memory seats and folding mirrors. All options on the earlier facelifts.

0 1 0

10. Re: Help buying a audi a6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks for the help if thought about must haves. Shape with 2 line headlights front and back quad exhausts Tech pack with lane assist blind spot etc 3.0 quattro version as I have not had quattro before read it is quite good. Shape saloon or avante not fussed avante you get power boot but not requirement. And electric seats folding mirrors. I guess a camera or 360 and keyless entry can be retro fitted if I feel I'm missing them but not a big deal. Will let uno if I find anything im just to damn fussy. Never spent this much on a car want it to be right lol or a a7 similar but now these cost more
    Last edited by Djbubbbbbz; 12-09-2018 at 08:09 PM. Reason: A7

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast