Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Advice please for a potential new owner.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Advice please for a potential new owner. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    If you are a high mileage person then why not get a BiTdi... yes it will be less economical although driving gently on the motorway at 70 will get nearly 50 MPG.... but when you factor in the MUCH lower gearbox maintenance it may add up (and you need to do the maths on it).

Even though the ZF8 Tiptronic in the BiTdis is SUPPOSED to be sealed for life according to Audi, the folks at ZF disagree so an oil change at 60 - 70K is a good idea. And you need to find the right people to do it cos it as it is an involved procedure (running engine and gearbox at specific temps etc). I had a ZF6 done by my local Audi dealer despite their protestations the it was "sealed for life" - fixed a number of gearbox glitches BUT was £500 or so... cannot recall exactly.

But ZF8 is a very very strong gearbox.. towing will be a breeze and you have a monster engine that you can have some fun with if you desire
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 1 0

2. Re: Advice please for a potential new owner. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    Don’t tell the dealership you plan to settle straight away. They get a commission selling finance products and if they are cancelled or terminated they will lose the commission.
    Hi. If you pay it off the following day, then it's a completed contract not cancelled or terminated. The salesman wound get there commission, as they sold the customer finance after that it's a contract between the finance and the customer. In fact when I purchased mine it was the sales guy that advised me to get the finance, do not think he would have done so if he was going to lose out. As I said it's just a loop hole that can be used if you are in a position to do so. Every ones a winner....
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

3. Re: Advice please for a potential new owner. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Thanks for all the advice everyone. I’m going to see what the discounts would be with Finance to see if it’s worth the hassle of taking it to then settle.

Regarding headlights, does the BE come with Matrix headlights or just LED, or are they the same thing? It has LED lights with high beam assist but can’t see anything on the spec sheet that says matrix. Not too fussed but just intrigued.

0 0 0

4. Re: Advice please for a potential new owner. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Durham4416 View Post
    Thanks for all the advice everyone. I’m going to see what the discounts would be with Finance to see if it’s worth the hassle of taking it to then settle.

Regarding headlights, does the BE come with Matrix headlights or just LED, or are they the same thing? It has LED lights with high beam assist but can’t see anything on the spec sheet that says matrix. Not too fussed but just intrigued.
    The face lift black edition comes with LED headlamps as standard. Matrix is extra and allows individual LEDs to be switched on/off automatically to maintain full beam as much as possible without (supposedly) dazzling other motorists.

0 0 0

5. Re: Advice please for a potential new owner. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Ok great. It doesn’t have them then, but a deal breaker for me although they look very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: Advice please for a potential new owner. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Help please before I speak to the dealer.

In left a deposit on the car last Saturday. I called them Monday and asked for a print out of all service history, I’d also called in and a different salesman pulled an invoice from the vehicle pick for a service carried out at 35k miles. (Inc Stronic oil)
    Anyway, as the dealer still hasn’t come back to me I rang Audi UK to check history. The July sevjce they have logged is an inspection at 53k miles in June 2018. The car is now on 56k Miles. I’m going to ring he dealer but concerned now that it may not have Audi SH and also, was it traded in June, sold to a new owner then returned to the dealer within 30 days as it was a dog? Seems odd.
    What do you think?
    Apparently it was sold be Leeds Audi originally and that’s where it’s for sale so could it be they have failed to log the service in the system. Even on flexible servicing I’m expecting it to have had a minimum of 3 services?

0 0 0

7. Re: Advice please for a potential new owner. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi As its 2015 and assuming its a facelift, 4 zone climate, rectangular exhausts, then it would be on an electronic service history and not a book. Any Audi dealer would be able to see ALL work carried out on it and when for whatever reason. service at 18k or 2 years so should have had 2 minor and 1 major service, S-tronic service around 38k brake fluid at 3 years then every 2 years so 1 of them should be done around the time of the MOT. Ask to see the log book that will tell you how many owners and the details of the last owner will be on it. If they are unable to prove the history then I would have a concern, but it its an official Audi dealer then there should be no problem in proving its history.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

8. Re: Advice please for a potential new owner. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    They’re looking in to it.
    It’s had 2 owners and I’m assuming from what Audi UK said is that it was registered in June 15 and changed owner in September 15, demo plus one owner maybe?
    Also, Audi UK have an inspection logged in June 2018 which included Brake fluid and MOT.
    I’ve also seen a copy of a service invoice from the manual in the car that states service at 35k miles which included gearbox oil change so that’s good but why not logged on the system?
    The lady at Audi UK did say they maybe haven’t logged it and that’s why they can’t see the earlier services. If it hasn’t had an oil change until 35k miles then I’ll have to walk away but that would be a shame and how on earth can it be an approved used Audi?

0 0 0

9. Re: Advice please for a potential new owner. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    It is indeed a facelift. How does the dealer update it in the system so it can be see from other dealers/Audi UK?

0 0 0

10. Re: Advice please for a potential new owner. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I liked the idea of Approved used but seen this with a lot more extras and 36k miles left for only 1k more. Only downside is I really liked the white and this one is also a manual.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F132777190219

0 0 0

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast