Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Advice please for a potential new owner.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Advice please for a potential new owner. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    That sounds interesting, so if I take car on finance then cancel the following day after collection this won’t cause a problem? I guess I don’t want to disclose this to the salesman/business manager?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Advice please for a potential new owner. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    We did the same when buying the wife's DS3. They offered a huge financial incentive if we took the finance, but nothing if we paid cash. So took the finance and on day #2 rang up the finance company and settled the finance. No issues at all.
    Audi A6 Avant 2019 Black Edition, C8, 3.0TFSI S Tronic. Tech Pack, Parking Pack, Tow Bar, Tour pack.

0 0 0

3. Re: Advice please for a potential new owner. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Ok, may well look in to it. Be worth it for 2 free services.

0 0 0

4. Re: Advice please for a potential new owner. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Yes the good old days are gone for cash. Just have to adjust to the new world way of doing things, then find the loophole.... Won't do your credit rating any harm as well, another loan paid in full with no problems. Happy Days.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

5. Re: Advice please for a potential new owner. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Ok, so basically sign up to the finance, get any discounts I can get and then ring the finance company and explain I’d like to settle the balance? I will only pay the agreed price for the car and no interest? Would the garage then void the free services as I’ve cancelled the finance though?

0 0 0

6. Re: Advice please for a potential new owner. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi. Once you have come to a deal with the dealer, if you choose to use finance, then that is the deal for the price including any discount, or package, or what ever. You pay them the agreed deposit, collect the car, on that day the finance starts and the dealer gets the balance, they have what they want from the deal, thanks very much. It is then down to you and the finance company, as you get a 14 day cooling off period on the finance product, the next day you call them say I wish to settle the finance. The worst that could happen is they want 1 days interest say £10. Deal done thank you very much. The car is yours, the dealer has there money, the finance is settled and you also have whatever extras, discount, you have struck with the dealer in place. Can't be taken away. If you got a service deal why would they try to cancel it, it's future garenteed work for them and as you feel you have got a good deal you will probably use them for future work. Every ones a winner...
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

7. Re: Advice please for a potential new owner. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Would anyone recommend extending the warranty with Audi or even an independent warranty company (never really hear good things)?
    I’m sure when I looked, Audi will only do warranty up to 100k miles.
    I could stomach a £1k repair but really upset if the engine or gearbox went at £1000’s?
    With it being approved I’ll get the 12 months warranty so it’s something to think about after that I suppose.

0 0 0

8. Re: Advice please for a potential new owner. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robes401 View Post
    I have an s-tronic ultra on 81k miles, owned since new and almost 4 years old. I have had no issues with the engine or gearbox (and have had 2 s-tronic oil changes now). The cam belt service interval is 140k miles or 5 years whichever is the sooner. I have triple checked this figure as 140k miles seems high, and my local Independent garage didn't believe me, but Audi have confirmed this it is correct. I believe that the offer of free MOTs for life still exists for a cam belt change.
    I'd be a bit careful on this. Yes, the cam belt is stated to be due at 140k but this was reduced to 100k and now reduced to 80k according to my Audi dealer. I was changing to a 2014 S-tronic and asked when it's due. They changed it for me even though the car had only 70k miles (although the price to purchase the car had already been agreed).

0 0 0

9. Re: Advice please for a potential new owner. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I wonder where the consumer would stand if it failed before the 140k recommendation with full Audi history.
    I think I’d probably get it done at 70k ish but does mean it will be getting done twice as much.

0 0 0

10. Re: Advice please for a potential new owner. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Durham4416 View Post
    That sounds interesting, so if I take car on finance then cancel the following day after collection this won’t cause a problem? I guess I don’t want to disclose this to the salesman/business manager?

Don’t tell the dealership you plan to settle straight away. They get a commission selling finance products and if they are cancelled or terminated they will lose the commission.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast