1. 1.4 tsi 122hp golf 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I'm new to the group and the vw scene. I have just purchased a 2010 vw golf 1.4 tsi 122hp. The car itself is great drives nice no warning lights or anything but when I'm in let's say 4th gear when I put my foot down I can feel the turbo pull then it sort of drops out for a split second then pulls again almost like a miss on the engine but isn't a miss it still pulls well tho and doesn't seem to be underpowered is this a common issue is it supposed to be like that and if not what can I do to sort it out? Thanks guys and gals

0 0 0

2. Re: 1.4 tsi 122hp golf 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Welcome to the forum. I have moved this to the correct section. Best of luck.
    Scott
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

3. Re: 1.4 tsi 122hp golf 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The CAXA engines do suffer from turbo problems, sometimes it is the diverter valve but often it is a worn, corroded or failed vacuum actuator and there were some that seemed incurable until VW realised they had the wrong injectors fitted but this should have been dealt with when newer. Have a code read done as the actuator issue may not bring the light on and you would get code P0234 or P0235.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: 1.4 tsi 122hp golf 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I have the same engine in my 2009 A3. Mileage is 75k. I also have a lot of days where the car doesn’t accelerate as well as I feel it should. VCDS scan shows no fault codes and no warning lights are on.

Would a good first step be to replace the diverter valve?

0 0 0

5. Re: 1.4 tsi 122hp golf 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    You can't have a CAXA in a 2009 A3, they only fitted them from 2011, yours will be a CAXC which is 125PS. There is a TPI (2022499/3) that covers this headed "poor start, erratic engine operation or irregular acceleration without fault codes" and it puts it down to using cheap supermarket petrol causing valve deposits. The first step it to update the software and then run the car on the highest quality petrol (i.e. Shell V Power) and using fuel additive G001 770 A2 for a long period and see what happens. Have a look in your fuel flap at what the octane recommendations are, 98/95 or 95/91.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: 1.4 tsi 122hp golf 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    You can't have a CAXA in a 2009 A3, they only fitted them from 2011, yours will be a CAXC which is 125PS. There is a TPI (2022499/3) that covers this headed "poor start, erratic engine operation or irregular acceleration without fault codes" and it puts it down to using cheap supermarket petrol causing valve deposits. The first step it to update the software and then run the car on the highest quality petrol (i.e. Shell V Power) and using fuel additive G001 770 A2 for a long period and see what happens. Have a look in your fuel flap at what the octane recommendations are, 98/95 or 95/91.
    Hi Crasher. Apologies OP for jumping in on this thread but both our engines are pretty much the same I’m sure.

Crasher I have used V Power almost every time since owning the car since early last year. Fuel flap says 98 RON recommended.

Can you clarify what you mean by update the software? And that fuel additive isn’t available in the UK I take it?

I’ve been looking on OEMPC at the turbo for my car and have identified part numbers for the diverter and wastegate solenoid valve. Thinking to replace them and see what happens.

Or it could be that the actual wastegate mechanism is sticking intermittently. Another possibility is a coked up inlet manifold.

0 0 0

7. Re: 1.4 tsi 122hp golf 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Could I have you REG number please? I only have the next three days and I am laid flat after an opp so will be reduced in capability.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: 1.4 tsi 122hp golf 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Could I have you REG number please? I only have the next three days and I am laid flat after an opp so will be reduced in capability.
    Tried to PM you, don't think it went through. Anyway, reg is P E 5 9 O F N.
    Many thanks for offering to help and all the best for your op.

0 0 0

9. Re: 1.4 tsi 122hp golf 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Yes it is a CAXC, your car which was built on the 28/09/2009

It needs to go on the VAG ODIS system for Software Version Management to make sure it is upto date. It is lilley that you have a wear issue on the turbo wastegate.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: 1.4 tsi 122hp golf 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks Crasher. I will replace the diverter and maybe the N75 solenoid valve and grease/WD40 the wastegate linkage mechanism. See if that makes a difference.

I’m not too keen on software update though, I don’t want any ECU issues after. Dealer could do it but I’m sure they’d charge an eye-watering fee.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast