Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Oil change or inspection service - engine oil quantity?

1. Post Oil change or inspection service - engine oil quantity? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello, I have just taken my 2014 A6 avant 3.0 Tdi S-tronic to the local dealer for combined oil change service and inspection service (oil change was overdue, inspection service was due in a few days) at 50k miles.

It's a fixed price service from Audi, with price match from independent garages using OEM parts if you find a quote.

On the Audi bill is the oil:

"OLF Shell Helix Ultra AV Qty:12 Unit price 8.75 each = £105 + VAT

Does it really take 12 litres (presumably litres...) for an oil change?

It's more the principle of the thing - if they are just padding up the price to the quoted figure if you don't get a price match quote then it's a bit of a kick in the wallet.

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Oil change or inspection service - engine oil quantity? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    I think my last service before I got rid of the car was around 9 litres.
    Last time I got a price match they just padded/unpadded the labour element to make it match.

0 0 0

3. Re: Oil change or inspection service - engine oil quantity? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi Could be the price for a 500ml bottle. I was given one (500ml) when my TT had its last major service on fixed pricing. But that was about 3 years ago, price was around £350 total for oil, filter, plugs, lubricating moving parts, pollen filter and road test.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

4. Re: Oil change or inspection service - engine oil quantity? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)

0 0 0

5. Re: Oil change or inspection service - engine oil quantity? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I am totally lost with this inspection/oil change service intervals. Car was serviced at the beginning of this year with oil, all filters, including fuel filter, being changed. Also new rear brake pads and fluid was changed. In essence a bells and whistle service. Now the MMI is telling me another inspection is due in 42 days. In this time the car has only covered 6k miles.

Is it right that an inspection is needed so soon?

0 0 0

6. Re: Oil change or inspection service - engine oil quantity? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendaimwari View Post
    I am totally lost with this inspection/oil change service intervals. Car was serviced at the beginning of this year with oil, all filters, including fuel filter, being changed. Also new rear brake pads and fluid was changed. In essence a bells and whistle service. Now the MMI is telling me another inspection is due in 42 days. In this time the car has only covered 6k miles.

Is it right that an inspection is needed so soon?
    If you are on the mileage based schedule then the Oil change is due annually or every 10k miles whichever is shorter. The Inspection service is every 2 years or 19k miles. If you are on the variable service then the Oil Change is anything up to 19k miles/2 years depending on what the car thinks is right. Inspection is likewise every 2 years/19k miles.

The other items you mentioned are outside of these service schedules. Brake Fluid is after 3 years from fist registration then every 2 years after that. Fuel Filter is due at 38k miles, Pads and disks as and when required based on driving style wear etc. It may be that when doing the service in Janaury they only reset the Oil Change system and not the inspection one, assuming they did the full inspection. Suggest you check your invoice to see what they actually did and then speak to the garage about what if any work is required and if none then about getting the system reset. Dealers seem to struggle with this themselves. I have heard reports on here and elsewhere where when parameter has been set to caraible ansd the other to fixed

0 0 0